Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problem with 2001 E Class

Options
  • 26-06-2007 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, lookin from some advice

Recently bought a 2001 EClass merc. Delighted with it except for one small (or maybe big!) problem.

After having car for a short time I discovered AC wasnt working.

Brought it back twice. First time they regassed it however this didnt solve problem (it did work briefly for a while though). Second time they said they couldnt find a leak, so tightened all conections and regassed it. It still doesnt work.

I am gonna bring it back again but wanna be armed with a bit of information. Since they cannot seem to fix problem, what can be done? Does the whole AC need to be replaced or does something else need to be tried. I assume they are tryin the cheaper options first as they dont want to foot the cost.

Any advice would be appreciated. I know my rights etc but just want to be armed and ready for the next time I go back!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

PoleStar wrote:
    Hi everyone, lookin from some advice

Recently bought a 2001 EClass merc. Delighted with it except for one small (or maybe big!) problem.

After having car for a short time I discovered AC wasnt working.

Brought it back twice. First time they regassed it however this didnt solve problem (it did work briefly for a while though). Second time they said they couldnt find a leak, so tightened all conections and regassed it. It still doesnt work.

I am gonna bring it back again but wanna be armed with a bit of information. Since they cannot seem to fix problem, what can be done? Does the whole AC need to be replaced or does something else need to be tried. I assume they are tryin the cheaper options first as they dont want to foot the cost.

Any advice would be appreciated. I know my rights etc but just want to be armed and ready for the next time I go back!

How do they know there wasn't a leek in the system? as it did work briefly, i would guess it might be a leek...

leeks are quite hard to find in an AC system, some places will re-gas them with a dye, and let you drive around for a few weeks.... when you come back in it should be fairly easy to spot the leek due to the dye....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Hi

Thanks for the advice! Although I do think they said something about trying that when the car was in the garage and they couldnt find a leak. I willa sk them again about that though

Thanks!

Advertisement