Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody have a recommendation for landscape gardener in the Newbridge area ?

• 26-06-2007 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I am looking for a personal recommendation to have a bit of landscaping done in the Newbridge, Co. Kildare area. Have read the boards, but not been able to dig up anything recent on landscape gardeners - not looking for the best designTM but rotivation, seed laying, patio, terrace, some trees, hedges, border areas etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Laura, we just had this debate here over the past few weeks! Pretty much in the same situation as yourself. We have found someone and he's due to come to us when weather picks up so cannot recommend him yet. Might be able to over the next few weeks though. Will keep you posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Laura~

Great, thank you very much - we are not in any hurry so happy to wait for feedback on how it goes - thank you so much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Laura,

Do a search on this forum for Builderwoman's thread of a few weeks ago. There was some lively debate on it between us and some "Garden Artistes":rolleyes:, about a lot of people in their profession not keeping their appointments or coming back with quotes.

BTW, I'm also in the same position as yourself and Builderwoman. We've just finished some building work and the gardens are worse than a bomb site so we need to get them cleared off, levelled and seeded. Its not as easy as you'd think. After 14 attempts to get a quote, we're still trying to find someone to do them.

Best of luck

David

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭billy_beckham

Hi folks,

I got a guy called Paul Dunne to do some landscaping and seed a lawn for me late last summer. He's in the Kildare area, Donadea i think. I would recommend him, good to deal with and reasonably priced. I don't have his number at had but he has an ad in the Kidare Post most weeks.

Gavin Grace

Met him. Very very nice guy, seems very compentant but still awaitig my quote a month later...maybe he's busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

It maybe worth trying pickapro.ie

I suppose with the weather we are having this year it's probably difficult for those garden designers/landscapers to keep appointments. Least they could do would be to ring. It's peak season for them at the moment, you won't have a problem come October November.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Laura~

Thank you all very much. I am prepared for the long haul as I already got the impression it is their busy season :) Lets see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭eoinhealy

Hi, was just reading all the posts and thought I should let you guys know that I am available to quote. I started working for myself in February (Been landscaping for over 8 years). So, as you can probably tell, I'm not yet as busy as the landscapers and gardeners who have most of there work set up since early in the year.

Anyway, send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Wonky Knees

Look to Landscape Contractors in Consumer Issues for information on this contractor.

Look to Landscape Contractors in Consumer Issues for information on this contractor.

Fatima, If you could please stop! The only reason you signed up to Boards is to put me down. And most of the people here told you what they thought of you and your giving out. I have lost a number of jobs because of you. I am supprised you can get anyone to do any work for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

eoinhealy wrote:
    Fatima, If you could please stop! The only reason you signed up to Boards is to put me down. And most of the people here told you what they thought of you and your giving out. I have lost a number of jobs because of you. I am supprised you can get anyone to do any work for you

Is this a kamikaze way of promoting your business? Suggest you take a leaf from your own book and it would be much better to resolving outstanding business before seeking new ones. IMO I'd say you've done yourself more damage than any of the aggrieved customers. We can all learn from mistakes, but some can be lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

I had the exact same issue. Recently finished building a house and needed it all landscaped. He seeded the whole place, put in a fantastic patio and had some very good ideas.

More importantly - he was good to his word. Said he could get to me for 3 weeks and then arrived when he said he would. I needed a few more bits done after the job was finished (and paid for!!) and there was no problem. He came back and did them straight away. Very knowledgable.

I don't think (I could be wrong!) that he would be the most creative / inventive landscaper ever - but he can do nearly anything that you ask.

His name is Chris Ennis - PM if you want his details.

Looking for a landscaper:

www.alci.ie

The only professional organisation for Irish Landscaping Contractors, all members are professionally vetted, insured and assured of assistance in the unlikely event of any dispute.

There is a relatively low entry bar to claim to be a landscaper, so if you are planning to do something best to avoid the cowboys and consult with the real professionals. Website contains information on member companies nationwide.

Is this a kamikaze way of promoting your business? Suggest you take a leaf from your own book and it would be much better to resolving outstanding business before seeking new ones. IMO I'd say you've done yourself more damage than any of the aggrieved customers. We can all learn from mistakes, but some can be lethal.

I'm not trying to promote anything. I just want that man to stop what he is doing. I was in the middle of a landscaping job a few weeks ago when the people I was working for came across this site and said it to me, I was that embarrased I didnt know what to say to them. Fatima really has done damage to me. I have been told be a few people including a baraster to take fatima to court for all the damage he has done, but I cant because that is not in my nature.

Hi Laura,

We're within 7 miles of Newbridge and I can now recommend the guy we had he is a member of alci his name is Tony Cosgrove from Kilmeague. Very good, efficient, no messing. We're happy with him and I do hope that if you get him you're happy with him too. Always afraid to recommend people in case they let me and themselves down!

Hi Builderwoman - Glad to see you had a positive outcome with your gardening project and especially that it was a member of alci.:D

www.alci.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pajodalton

Hi Laura
    I too am looking for a good landscape gardener in the same area, if any suggestions would appreciate it.
    Thanks

Advertisement