Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurrican (Turrican Remake) [free game thing]

Options
  • 26-06-2007 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.hurrican-game.de/

Just played the first level, very very polished and a great game!

40mb (free!) download...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nice find! Gonna grab this myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Thats a damn good game, very good remake.

Not sure which is best arcade stick or ps2 pad as both give me an issue with the "ball"

kdjac

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Shame on you for not posting this on the retro board TmB ;) I loved the oldskool cracked intro but the is it just me or does the level come form Turrican 2 and the power ups from Turrican? .

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sorry LoGiE! :)

I think the level designs are all new - I didn't recognise the layout of level 1 - I don't think its from either Turrican (from the C64 anyway, I don't know about other versions or platforms).

Turrican 1 had just the multiway and laser if I remember correctly. Turrican 2 introduced that terrible bouncing weapon. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1st level is correct but distances are shorter :confused: Cant remember how to get into the sky to get the goodies, and the ball wont work for me with an arcade stick :( So im stuck at the makers shrine to himself :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sheesh.... was the original this difficult?

I'm actually having trouble remembering the first Turrican though... Turrican 2 is one that I really played to death.... Loved the spaceship levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Great! Thanks for this. I loved the first Turrican game, I never played the second one. Downloading now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

this is a real classic
    played it for hours. downloaded it again but cant get my joypad to work.
    any ideas:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Great find! I'm just downloading this now myself. If it's half as entertaining as the original it'll be great.

Advertisement