Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small pet vet in Newbridge ?

Options
  • 26-06-2007 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

:) Hello, recently moved to Newbridge, and I need a recommendation for an excellent small pet vet for our cat. This is a cat with many and varied ailments and she really needs a good and dedicated vet, preferably one who has a specific interest in cats.

Also important is that the support staff care and make their cat visitors feel at home.

If you can personally recommend the vet, all the better.

All input much appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ricky k

i can recommend an excellent vet in celbridge. really dedicated and caring staff, Beaufield Veterinary Centre on the old Celbridge Road. I always bring my cat and dog here and they get really excellent care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I better recommend my old work place, Maynooth Veterinary Centre. Lovely vets and even lovlier nurse there at the moment. Saying that friends of mine brought their cat to Newbridge Veterinary Centre in Morristown Biller and were very happy with them so maybe give that a try if you don't want to go to Celbridge or Maynooth? Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Laura~

rickyk and ClareBear, thank you both very much for your recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

We use Noreen in Cottage Care in Newbridge.

She's excellent - we bring ours there all the time. Can't recommend her enough, great with small animals.

The place is a bit tricky to find but just drive slowly and keep an eye out for
    the sign.

Thanks long b, is she just on the main road through Walshestown ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

She's just off the main road stretch of the Kilcullen road (the bit with the
    hard shoulder) - There's a flyover on the road ?

I'm not sure of the area name

long_b wrote:
    She's just off the main road stretch of the Kilcullen road (the bit with the
    hard shoulder) - There's a flyover on the road ?

I'm not sure of the area name

Thanks ! I know of two roads from Walshestown towards Kilcullen, both with flyovers, so its got to be one of those :) Can take a look next time I am driving over to the dump. One of them is a very "scenic" road leading to the part with the flyover, the other a much used road :) This sounds like the lead in to the much used one if you come from Newbridge as opposed to The Curragh. Thanks, again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

Laura there is a great vet up beside Lakeside Park. The vet is on the main road just before you go over the bridge. Right now i can't remember the name but I'll check it out and let you know if you are interested.

Yes, please - all recommendations for excellent vets gratefully received. We will then 'vet' them as it were for the one who will suit my cat best.
    So, I am very interested, thx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

It's John McHenry and he's lovely, we always brought our pets up there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

There's a lovely veterinary practice we use in Kilcullen (very near Newbridge).

Animals First Veterinary Hospital
    Unit C Block 8 Link Bus Pk Kilcullen Kildare
    (045)480478
    (045)480481

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Mocking Burd

I would also highly recommend Noreen at the Cottage Vets, and it is on the Athgarvan/Kilcullen Road on the left a bit before Walshestown Abbey. Used to go to McHenry's but find them a bit cold to be honest...

Thanks again all three of you - lots of great looking prospects here. Will see who has good emergency cover for out of hours, how they treat her - medically and in person, if any of them has a particular interest in the research of cat psychology as her last vet was. Finally, who 'madam' takes to the best, if any.

Or maybe just who she gives her filthiest "vet face" to as they have probably done the most thorough job..;) poor little thing.

Advertisement