Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceann Comhairle gets hot under the collar

Options
  • 26-06-2007 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭

ROFL

Did you see John O'Donoghue on his first real day as Ceann Comhairle in the Dail, talk about loosing the cool, I think his deputy Brendan Howlin could be the seat soon enough because if O'Donoghue has a few more days like today he will end up in hospital. Rory O'Hanlon got angry on occasions but never like John did today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He was never speaker material, he's got all the composure of a stick of gelignite

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Saw it on the news and it's absolutely pathetic that we're paying these guys about 90K per annum........I've seen better discussion and debate in a creche!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Any clips of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0626/6news_av.html?2263044,null,230

I wonder will it be posted on oireachtas.ie in full in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dg647

What a joke of a man, how was he ever considered to be a suitable candidate for this job. Who would make such a stupid decision??? Another brilliant decision by Bertie and FF.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

He should learn how to use that bell a bit better...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Small man syndrome strikes again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

what a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

They played it twice on the Last Word last night, I was laughing out loud on the train :D . They were like kids in playground.
    Poor of O'Donoghue to get drawn into a shouting match in his position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Pure brilliant it was really funny O'Donohue sounded like a broken record. What was even funnier when he told Enda Kenny to sit while he was standing up and Kenny back answered him saying no in a really daring voice. Reminds me of my school days when we got a teacher who could not control the class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Hilarious, but really, John O'Donoghue is unlikely to last til the end of the year if he keeps up like that. Now that the Opposition have seen how easy it is to rile him, they're going to goad him twice as much, and he's either going to be replaced or have a stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I'll remind the deputy, I'll remind the deputy, I'll remind the deputy, I'll remind the deputy, I'll remind the deputy, I'll remind the deputy, I'll remind the deputy, I'll remind the deputy, I'll remind the deputy, I'll remind the deputy.

You will leave the house, You will leave the house, You will leave the house, You will leave the house, You will leave the house, You will leave the house, You will leave the house, You will leave the house, You will leave the house.

And we wonder why John O'Donoghue's "Zero Tollerance" didn't work :D

I was laughing a few weeks ago when John O'Donoghue was appointed, I knew the nodding dog in the window wouldn't be able to for the heat. Michael Ring was correct too I believe, the government must give 4 days notice when they propose a deputy Ceann Comhairle and John O'Donoghue had to allow FG to propose their own candidate last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

i think that its high time that a ceann chorile should not be a member of the dail. He should be a non political appointee who is neutral to either side. But O'Donohue wont last till xmas. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭gbh

I didn't see it but heard something on the news about it.

By the sounds of it though, Fianna Fail have managed to bring another once venerable office down to the gutter in its pathetic attempts to keep itself in power. Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

He sounds like a complete bogger too which makes it all the funnier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

You will! I won't! You will! I won't! It was quite funny, but also a little sad. I did a small project on the dail debates of the 1937 election and the debates I read seemed to generally involve smarter men and more interesting conversations than yesterdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

This is the first video clip I've seen of this, and I'm finding myself watching it over and over. I'm almost wetting myself laughing at it. He was really rattled wasn't he ? The way he LEAPS to his feet is absolutely classic !

It's so good, I digged it:

http://digg.com/political_opinion/Irish_Parliament_Dail_Eireann_suspended_after_rows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

yeah i thought it was funny on his appointment harney described him as a real irishman , was that an insult or a compliment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well Michael Ring has been suspended from the Dail for 3 days, looks like John O'Donoghue is trying to claw back some respect, the Kerry man jokes will be flying around the Dail if John O'Donoghue keeps behaving like he did yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

The speed at which O'Donoghue rose after Kenny's "quiet now" comment suggested that punches would have been thrown, had the two been just a little bit closer together.

Now that'd be something worth watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Is anyone opening a book on how long till there's a vote of no confidence in him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

You will not say quiet to me sir....

What a complete lack of authority... who chose this guy?
    Maybe he should just stick with his photo opportunities I see every week in the paper.

Advertisement