Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chous Broadband Cablenet and Bittorrent

Options
  • 26-06-2007 9:32pm

Hi guys. Just an enquiry regarding Chorus and their policy when it comes to downloading torrent files. We have 6MB Broadband, and it works like a dream for web and email, etc. But when it comes to downloading torrents, it reaches but a fraction of the expected download speed. This is strange because when I previously had chorus broadband in my last house, there was absolutely no problem regarding downloading these files. And that was at 3MB. I am wondering, however, has Chorus changed their policy regarding this process. I am quite fed up with this at the moment. I just want to download!
    I also have a wireless router, a Belkin, and the problem still arises when used directly with the modem. Any help would be much appreciated guys. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I think Chorus are part of the same company as NTL now. And NTL were throttling torrents for me when I used them about 6 months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 pspdude

yeah chorus are the same as NTL and yeah i hear that they are throttling torrents, but if you use a programme called utorrent that seems to work fine. I personally dont have it but my mate has ntl, he couldnt use bitcomet or azerus but utorrent works fine! try that out!

Advertisement