Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland To Spain

• 26-06-2007 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi Everyone,

We are going to drive to Marbella next week. I am probably going to allow 3 weeks to a month to do it. We have two girls age 4 and 5. Can anyone suggest anything to make our trip more enjoyable? As my kids love theme parks we are naturally going to stop at Alton Towers (again) and Euro Disney (is it worth seeing?). Can anyone suggest campsites that our kids would enjoy or anything else to make them happy. As this is my first time doing this kind of drive any tips on anything would be great. We are easily pleased so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tony

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Three weeks is cutting it fine with such a long drive....
    Half way down the French coast is Puy du Fou, http://www.puydufou.com/
    It's a medival theme park which is well worth visiting. My kids (4 & 8) enjoyed it far more than Disney.
    If staying in Euro Disney be aware that for the €20 wou can park over night. A large car park and there are showers and a few picnic benches. No electrical hookups. We spent the day in Disney and back to the motorhome for a break in the evening. Then returned for the Disney parade etc which finished at approx 11pm.

Other things to make the journey more enjoyable.
    SatNav for yourself. It certainly eliminates arguments over directions.
    A portable DVD player for the kids for travelling.
    We bring a 5lt garden sprayer which is super for cooling down on those hot days.
    We're going to France on Friday via the UK. If anybody else has advice to offer.

Stapeler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Hi Tony

We were in Western France in early June and we went to Planete Sauvage which is south of Nantes. It is a safari park and our kids absolutely loved it (oldest guy is 3.5yrs). Its probably going to be off the beaten track if your going to Spain via Euro Disney but might be worth dropping in on the way back

Have fun and keep her between the ditches ;)

http://www.planetesauvage.com/va/accueil.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rolex

Thanks guys for great tips.

I learnt long ago a successful marriage is based on having a good sat nav and peace can be achieved by having a double dvd player that plays two different movies at the same time (Argos). I am certainly going to take a look at the theme park and safari park. I didnt realise that three weeks would be cutting it fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

This campsite was *deadly* when we stayed there.... OK it was 1989, but I still remember it as the best campsite we stayed in in France as a kid. Great atmosphere. My parents loved it too, and theres lots to do in the area.

If you're passing, like :)

Let me know if you do stop there...

http://www.lestaubiere.fr/gb/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

We'll be parked up somewhere along the French cost so give us a wave while passing. We're in a 03MH Benimar....and it's a white one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Rolex

Of course we will...we are in the 03-C Knaus low profile

Advertisement