Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help getting my tv on my PDA through ORB is driving me mad

• 26-06-2007 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

This is the second time ive had a go at this ,I'm trying to watch my tv from my laptop on my PDA through orb software . the first time was with a Nokia N91 which did'nt work to well and now im using a XDA2s .ive installed orb.20 onto me laptop and my tv card which is a WINTV HVR 900 usb hybrid card is being picked up by orb and the dvb channels are saved in orb and are fine .
    i dont have a software firewall installed on my system " I've just done a new install of my OS ." This is where i think the problem lies its MCE which is on my laptop and i remember something about this OS having some network issuses .My router is a LINKSYS WRT54GS Ive just flashed the frimware on this and i've got UPnP enabled .and ive made sure that sykpe isnt running at the same time as i know it uses port 80 aswell .Can anyone help me with this i just keep getting the error picture in both the laptops and pda's media centre's .and the pop up ballon saying to check my firewall settings .[/SIZE]
    PLease someone help me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

check you don't have something else on your laptop binding to port 80 such as skype.

run the orb test at test.orb.com.

I also set up port forwarding on my router to the media center. What do you get when you login?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

got it fixed in the end .just a few uninstalls and reinstalls and got it done .thanks

Advertisement