Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar/Battery Powered Fountains

Options
  • 26-06-2007 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I am in the middle of a garden overhaul and was wondering if anyone could recommend an online or shop based supplier of solar or rechargeable powered battery, water fountains.
    I've seen a couple online but would love to have the option of physically seeing one or have a recomendation of a supplier that someone has used.
    Does anyone have one? I am looking for a relatively small one, base size less than a meter square.
    I believe you can get a solar panel which recharges a 12v car battery in the fountain. If this is the case, can the panel be used to charge another battery for use with a garden shed light?
    Any advice or knowledge much appreciated.

Kippy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Fountains and Decor used to stock them .....

Fountains & Decor Ltd
    Kingswood Cross Naas rd Dublin 22
    Tel: 01 4591724

For more general Solar info on the lines you mention, go to Maplins home page and do a search using Solar ..... they have a million bits and pieces for solar projects from a fiver to 500.00 yo yo's ....

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=solar&source=15&SD=Y

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

argos had 1 which needed full sun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

old boy wrote:
    argos had 1 which needed full sun

useless in Ireland then.......... :D

Advertisement