Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Language

• 26-06-2007 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi just a quick query, my wife got the new Littlewoods Ireland catalog and in the Terms and Conditions which I was looking through I saw the following "All communications will be in the english language", I don't speak a lot of Irish but I resent an English company coming over here and banning it, What is the legal position if anyone decided to write to them in Irish.
    P.S. I didn't like their 34.5% APR

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

A company is not required to carry out business in Irish any more than it's required to carry out business in english.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LarryV

I understand but for example if I had a dispute of some kind with them and I wrote to them in Irish can they ignore it as it the language of the state

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

They probably won't ignore you just because it's in Irish, they will ignore you because they can't understand it.

You don't have to buy from them, find an Irish company and support it.

Advertisement