Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car problems under warranty

Options
  • 26-06-2007 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Bought a second hand car from a main dealer a few months ago. In the last few weeks, the car has had problems starting. Its been back to the garage 4 times. Each time it has either fixed itself, found a engine sensor fault and fixed it. ( they have had the car for about 20 days in the last month) But within a day of getting it back, it fails to start for me. They come out tow it back to garage, but haven't found the cause.

What do i do now?
    Do i just have to wait for them to find a fault?
    Can i demand my money back? Demand a different car of similar value?

I have been driving a courtesy car while its been in the garage most days anyways.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 baddabing

I take it it's a german brand :D

If they are fixing the fault for any length of time (even a day or so) they must have some idea.

I would ask them to fix it, record the mileage when you drop it off and make sure that they do an extended test drive once repaired, it re-present itself to them and hence they cant give it back until fully repaired.

My guess is that they know what it is, know how much that will cost them and are trying to avoid having to pay it themselves.

If it keeps happening I would tell them that the car is obviously faulty, that you dont want it and that you want your money back. I think that is within your return of faulty goods rights...

My sis in law had the same problem with her car.....coils,sensors etc failing every couple of hundred miles, they couldn't fix it either so she kicked up a holy stink and got the car replaced.

Garages especially main dealers treat there 'victims' with utter contempt and a total lack of respect, it is a fact, believe it!

Advertisement