Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this drill any good ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

Not if you ever plan to drill into masonry/concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

I have a corded hammer drill for drilling concrete etc. I want a decent cordless drill for general purpose jobs - mainly screwing but some drilling into plasterboard, wood etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dg647

this drill would be fine for small jobs like that, but I wouldn't be using it for any strenuous work.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

db wrote:
    I have a corded hammer drill for drilling concrete etc. I want a decent cordless drill for general purpose jobs - mainly screwing but some drilling into plasterboard, wood etc.

In that case you're grand, de walt is a good make for what you'll be using it for.
    In no time you'll be looking for shelves to put up, various bits to assemble etc:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

db wrote:

It will be perfect for all of the above

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

My Dad has that one and is very happy with it, I have the 18v version and it tears into concrete, but you need the spare battery handy in case though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

Thanks for the replies. Now all I have to do is find one - Argos have them advertised for €121 at the moment which is a bit of a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

just to throw this in, it may be outdated, but we found that getting Dewalt repaired in ireland was difficult. Found a general fixer type person, but official Dewalt people were not based here, and the policy was to take the drill from you and send it off to the UK and wait to see what they said regardless of the issue, and no replacements were offered during the wait.

I like their stuff though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

db wrote:
    Is this drill good enough for general use around the house ?
    http://www.dewalt.ie/powertools/productdetails/catno/DC727KA/

for light work....spot on,
    De Walt one of the best brands you can get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

for light work....spot on,
    De Walt one of the best brands you can get.

They're not actually ,they're fairly crap.

Out of all the blokes I've worked with ,the one with all dewalt tools had the most trouble.
    The batteries don't last as long as other "good" manufacturers.

The chassis of there stuff seem to come loose very quickly.

Advertisement