Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrowind or Oblivion? Poll

2»

Comments

Yep. It was painful to watch. I wasn't very far in and all the effort I had out into leveling up was gone. :( It got me into the dark brotherhood though. :)
    Yeah I'm doing the DB quests, I'm working for whatshisface personally now. Lachance.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

bluewolf wrote:
    Yeah I'm doing the DB quests, I'm working for whatshisface personally now. Lachance.

They are brilliant quests. Easily the best guild in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

They are brilliant quests. Easily the best guild in the game

+1 loved those missions

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Vegeta wrote:
    +1 loved those missions

They are brilliant. I really wish I hadn't done them first. :( Ended up leaving the fighters guild missions until the end. :(

They are brilliant. I really wish I hadn't done them first. :( Ended up leaving the fighters guild missions until the end. :(
    Is that bad? I'm neglecting fighters atm too

• Advertisement

Did the very same I did the thieves guild and the DB missions and then my interest started to go down hill a bit

bluewolf wrote:
    Is that bad? I'm neglecting fighters atm too

Don't do that. Stop doing the dark brotherhood and get the fighters guild and mages guild missions first as they are the shítest. Then do the thieves guild and finish with the Dark brotherhood. If I was to do it all again this is the way I would do it.

Don't do that. Stop doing the dark brotherhood and get the fighters guild and mages guild missions first as they are the shítest. Then do the thieves guild and finish with the Dark brotherhood. If I was to do it all again this is the way I would do it.

me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Doomrider

Oblivion is just as good as Morrowind. Those of you who have complaints about Oblivion being too easy I have three words for you.: M'aiq the Liar.

Listen to him people. If you dont like the fast travel system, DONT USE IT! It's your game, play it like you want.

Multiplayer? "M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk." Multiplayer TES wouldn't work, because you'd be restricted, which is not the TES way.

Fast Travel? "So much easier to get around these days. Not like the old days. Too much walking. Of course, nothing stops M'aiq from walking when he wants." If you want to walk, walk.

Listen to the rest of his rantings, they're quite funny. Fine em all here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:M%27aiq_the_Liar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Started playing Morrowind lately, having finished everything in Oblivion a while back. Don't see why people are so much more taken with it than Oblivion. Wandering around in the wilderness getting attacked by cliff racers and giant rats isn't exactly much fun, I'd rather use the fast travel.

Having said that I've only just started and my character is shít so exploring may not be much fun yet.

I played Oblivion without using much of the magic, just chopped my way through it, started Morrowind using mainly magic so I'm not really used to it. These being the only rpg's I've ever played so I've not much idea what to do to be able to level up quickly. Any suggestions? I can't do much of the quests that require me to kill anybody that can actually fight back cos I'm currently useless.

• Advertisement

Started playing Morrowind lately, having finished everything in Oblivion a while back. Don't see why people are so much more taken with it than Oblivion. Wandering around in the wilderness getting attacked by cliff racers and giant rats isn't exactly much fun, I'd rather use the fast travel.

Having said that I've only just started and my character is shít so exploring may not be much fun yet.

I played Oblivion without using much of the magic, just chopped my way through it, started Morrowind using mainly magic so I'm not really used to it. These being the only rpg's I've ever played so I've not much idea what to do to be able to level up quickly. Any suggestions? I can't do much of the quests that require me to kill anybody that can actually fight back cos I'm currently useless.

For magic characters one of the biggest things is running out of power for spells (forget the correct term) but having a low level spell which uses barely any magic and using that over and over will help you level.

I thought morrowind better as I felt the world was more believeable or something. The fast travel option kind of cheapened the sense of exploration and I love exploring

Vegeta wrote: »
    I thought morrowind better as I felt the world was more believeable or something. The fast travel option kind of cheapened the sense of exploration and I love exploring

But you can still explore, it's not like they removed the option. I used to regularly wander around in oblivion all the time.

But you can still explore, it's not like they removed the option. I used to regularly wander around in oblivion all the time.

I know what you're saying but the feel of them is quite different

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭YoungPayters

i tried to play morrowind about 4 times and i just couldn't get into it, i would play it for a while, leave it for a couple of days, then i wouldnt have a clue where I was going or anything like that cause of the that f***ing journal always taking down stupid stuff!

Advertisement