Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psilocybin mushrooms....are they still illegal?

• 27-06-2007 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

I remember mushrooms could've been bought in town before, then some guy took them in a stupid setting/situation and topped himself (:rolleyes: ), Jabba The Harney banned them, of course. Is there any other types of mushrooms or any loopholes that I could avail of so I can full fill the choice to experience something in my own mind?? :confused:

¬_¬
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Try BZP, theyre totally legal.

If you are prepared to endure chronic paranoia to the point you are convinced your similarly out of it friend will kill you, rapid back and forth fluctuations in body temperature, your mickey shrivelling up to the size of a malteser, an inabillity to piss, a near total loss of ability to walk easily, walls infront of you swimming at you, no proper sleep for 3 days and a general comedown in your room which is straight out of Trainspotting, go on ahead.

Honestly, all this nazi government sh1te, some of the legal stuff is far more dangerous than the currently illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Fly Agaric/Amanita mushrooms are still legal. AFAIK they're much more likely to induce nausea though and there's a different active drug in them, not Psilicobin. I think you can buy them in head shops.

Salvia Divinorum is an extremely potent psychedelic which is still legal. I have had interesting experiences with it, many find it unpleasantly strong/fúcked up though.

There are also a range of legal psychoactive "party pills" available, some of which are psychedelic. I would be cautious if thinking of using these as the ingredients they list are vague(they're most likely untested research chemicals) and definately stay away from anything with piperazines in it(ie. BZP).

Your best bet would be to go with a low dose of Salvia. Even if you don't like it, if you take a sensible amount the trip won't last more than 5-7 minutes and should be overtly intense. It's available in any head shop.

Drugs Forum and Erowid are good and generally reliable places to read and ask about dosage, effects etc. of all kinds of drugs.

The most important info I can give you is: REASEARCH EVERYTHING TO DEATH. Know absolutely EVERYTHING about any substance you wish to take. Always start with a VERY low dose of any new drug, even if it does nothing. Basically, BE SENSIBLE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

And if you think you can fly, at least try to take off from the ground first!

</ Bill hicks>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Tha Gopher wrote:

If you are prepared to endure chronic paranoia to the point you are convinced your similarly out of it friend will kill you, rapid back and forth fluctuations in body temperature, your mickey shrivelling up to the size of a malteser, an inabillity to piss, a near total loss of ability to walk easily, walls infront of you swimming at you, no proper sleep for 3 days and a general comedown in your room which is straight out of Trainspotting, go on ahead.

Honestly, all this nazi government sh1te, some of the legal stuff is far more dangerous than the currently illegal.

That sounds horrific. The only difficult time I've had on psilocybin mushrooms was the inability to sleep for a few hours and you just look at the wall wanting it to end so you can sleep, but that can be prevented if taken earlier in the day.

Seriously, shouldn't have been made illegal. It's against democracy. The will for the people to do whatever they so wish to do (within reasons not dictated by governments), and bear the results, it's called being responsible. One person died.....so what....he drank 1-2 bottles of wine before he did it, took a small dosage and only waited 15 minutes...I'm sure more people have died eating apples and drinking water than that, not to mention smokes & drink.

Thought policing. Terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

So Glad wrote:
    I remember mushrooms could've been bought in town before, then some guy took them in a stupid setting/situation and topped himself (:rolleyes: ), Jabba The Harney banned them, of course. Is there any other types of mushrooms or any loopholes that I could avail of so I can full fill the choice to experience something in my own mind?? :confused:

PM if you want.
    they're illegal since some tw*t jumped off a balcony on them. his parents went to mary harney with a box of them and said "this is what killed my son". i don't know why they didn't bring a balcony to her and ask her to ban them. or gravity. mary harney should ban gravity because of its dangerous effects on the terminally stupid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

i still cant believe shrooms are illegal, yet salvia is legal.
    i cannot see someone topping themselves because of shrooms, but salvia is a completely different story, its nearly frickin existential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Forget BZP, as someone said, it's a nightmare. TFMPP on the other hand is fandabbydozzy, great come up lovely buzz, bit of a rocky come down but nothing four bottles of beer can't fix. Sold as a tablet called E-fx.
    Alaso, check out san pedro cactus, or peyote. You can get all of em in the hemp store on Capel st.

Your welcome

Yeah I heard of Peyote and might try it, although I'd need to do some research first, so I am not taken by surprise (although I most certainly will be!). :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Goodwins Law in the second reply. New record?

I think they should free drugs and let the eejits kill themselves. It seems somehow that's what they want to do anyway.

Fly junkies fly!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

True Magic Mushrooms (Liberty cap) grow wild in Ireland and can be found in huge numbers through september and october.To remove them from a field or swally them is not illegal but to dry them or process them in any way IS.If you dont know what they look like you'd be well advised to go with somebody who does as there are dozens of similar-sized fungi growing at the same time,some of which are poisonous.Do not take Fly Agaric under any circumstances,its poisonous and doses can vary hugely from one to another,basically take the right amount and you trip,take too much and you need a liver transplant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

biko wrote:

I think they should free drugs and let the eejits kill themselves. It seems somehow that's what they want to do anyway.

Fly junkies fly!
    Drive Alchos Drive!

biko wrote:

Fly junkies fly!

Wow...calling people who choose the psychedelic experience junkies....that's a new level of arrogance for Ireland! Well done, here's a Blue Peter Badge, no go home and show Mammy & Daddy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

think you meant ignorance.. but yeah thats all you will find on boards.ie regarding psychedelics and drugs in general
    here check this link cos this thread is likely to be invaded by morons soon
    http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19

doonothing wrote:
    i still cant believe shrooms are illegal, yet salvia is legal.
    i cannot see someone topping themselves because of shrooms, but salvia is a completely different story, its nearly frickin existential.
    In fairness, most salvia trips involve one lying down, writhing and most likely laughing one's head off with thier mind in another dimension. Also, your body feels like a dead weight on it. Not exactly convenient circumstances to top oneself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

So Glad wrote:
    Wow...calling people who choose the psychedelic experience junkies....that's a new level of arrogance for Ireland! Well done, here's a Blue Peter Badge, no go home and show Mammy & Daddy!

its your choice to take these drugs, personally i say legalise em. If the takers decide to jump of balconies they have no one to blame but themselves.

The thing is, the whole "thinking they can fly" idea is a farce. Most likely that guy who jumped off the balcony was at least semi-consciously attempting suicide. It would not be unusual to take drugs, usually alcohol, before attempting suicide. Also, as has been said already, he hadn't taken them for nearly long enough to have extremely intense effects, if any effects at all. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest this man thought he could fly.

And the whole problem of self harm on psychedelics(rare in the first place) is vastly reduced by having a sober trip sitter with you and taking them in a safe environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Tha Gopher wrote:

BZP is more like legal ecstasy than mushrooms. its NOTHING like mushrooms. its brilliant at the time but the comedown is not worth it. headaches, illness, NOT ABLE TO SLEEP (and i cant stress that enough).

I did it for the first time on saturday and i really really really really DO NOT recommend it. Im still recovering now

On the mushrooms front, i do know a website that you can buy them off. i cant really post it here as i might get a smack on the wrist but PM me if you want.

Peyote (yikes!!!) is INTENSE stuff.

Id recommend mescaline (san pedro) which i can only describe as "a direct phone line with God". You become one with earth and everything. Its intense but very nice and spiritual. It lasts around 8 hours though so you'd need a day or two to recover. There is a shop in temple bar which sells it.

biko wrote:

Fly junkies fly!

As for this. Peoples ignorance towards certain aspects of drugs is almost laughable. And its this ignorance that got shrooms banned in the first place.

Maybe we should get Harney shroomed and she might reverse the law ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

if you wait untill late aug early september you can pick them yourself.

some of the best places I have found is up near kiltipper and the back of Tallaght....

Tha Gopher wrote:

Agreeed. They are fun for like a few hours. Not being able to sleep get annoying 48 hours later . Being exhausted and unable to sleep at the same time is not very pleasent. They should be illegal!

• Advertisement

Interesting..has naybody tried Silver Bullets or Huma?

I've tried silver bullets. They're ok. The hit of them is very good but Still lack of sleep. there is a little less BZP in them than other party pills. But really, id say you are nearly safer going for the illegal drugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Maybe we should get Harney shroomed and she might reverse the law ;)

either that or eat the nearest baby.

harney hungry! harney smash!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

If you're buying bzp dance pills in capsules.. open the capsules and just sprinke half into a drink.. This lightens the effects and I find it a lot more pleasant.. then if later on you feel you're able for more just do the same again.. Simple..

Can you not just drink yourself down off them?

Degsy wrote:
    Can you not just drink yourself down off them?

it would take alot of drinking. BZP is basically the highest form of caffine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

JC 2K3 wrote:
    The thing is, the whole "thinking they can fly" idea is a farce.

When I took salvia, at one point I thought I was in a helicpoter. At another point I though Id jumped off a feris wheel. I know a few ppl who have tried salvia each with different reactions; but mine was fantastic, I lost total grip on reality.
    While I think your point about suicide is very valid, I do believe, from my own experience, that some people get the notion that they can fly when on certain drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭bandit*baby

Tha Gopher wrote:

where do i sign up????:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

yeah most of them party pills are good craic at the time, but i dont know anyone who takes them rugularly due to the horrible comedowns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Degsy wrote:
    True Magic Mushrooms (Liberty cap) grow wild in Ireland and can be found in huge numbers through september and october.To remove them from a field or swally them is not illegal but to dry them or process them in any way IS.

Wasn't this the loophole that head shops were exploiting to sell mushrooms? Has it not been closed up now by Harney's legislation or did that only cover sale of mushrooms and not make posession of picked mushrooms in any form illegal?

Advertisement