Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psilocybin mushrooms....are they still illegal?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

zabbo wrote:
    Just don't give the mescaline to your kitty
    does nobody else find this extremely disturbing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 modalcommand

I have to say of all the videos on the interet that one of the cat is one of the hardest to stomach. Having a massive amount of acid or whatever would be such a horrible experience for an animal. As bad as torture really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

what sick f&*k would do that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Legal highs have to be the worst things ever. They are legal because nobody does them enough for the authorities to take notice. Stay safe, stay illegal.

Alcohol is a legal high that enough people do for the authorities to take notice. But it is too engrained in society now to consider banning and is a nice taxable controllable drug. I thought it quite funny when Bertie was saying he never touched cannabis after asked about Cowen, yet when asked if he enjoyed pints he said "oh yes, plenty of those", blasé, almost comical-presumably inferring they are benign compared to nasty illegal stuff.

Illegalistation of drugs is only a very recent occurance in the actual timeline of their usage. Salvia is being made illegal in many countries now. It costs a lot to bring in such laws, and salvia is not a "party drug", so does not affect tax losses, like mdma or cannabis might (alcohol users turning to e or cannabis).

Mushroom grow kits are now being sold in town, I have no problem with this, I did have issues with fresh mushrooms being sold. I like the UK setup where it is basically legal to grow your own cannabis but illegal to sell or buy, cutting out the dealer element. It was too easy for ignorant people to walk in and just pick up shrooms with the notion "if its legal it must be crap/weak". They put no thought into it, no respect for them, a "cheap buzz". If you are going to start growing them you will probably know enough about dose, set, setting etc before you even have grown a single one.

Salvia is the same, people have no respect for it since it is legal and bunched along with other "herb mixes" that do nothing. Many people would consider it to be the most extreme psychedelic ever discovered, one experienced experimenter/psychonaut who wrote a few books on various substances had them rated 1-10, I think LSD was 8, mushrooms might be 7, but he revised the book after trying salvia, his rating -infinite....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Sofaspud wrote:
    ...my friend and Brian Blessed...

was Brian Blessed really there or was that part of your trip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

was Brian Blessed really there or was that part of your trip?

We were watching Blackadder at the time.

Brian Blessed is a scary, scary man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

rubadub wrote: »
    Alcohol is a legal high that enough people do for the authorities to take notice. But it is too engrained in society now to consider banning and is a nice taxable controllable drug.

I feel cannabis is fairly engrained in Irish society, its surprising to find out how many people smoke the stuff here in Ireland.

I will say that our laws regarding the drug are not as harsh as other countries, but a downgrading and the taking of a leaf out of the book of the Western Australian government wouldnt go astray.

Besides, cannabis is the most widespread drug in Ireland. So if its laws were laxed a bit, wouldnt criminals ultimately suffer, as opposed to the population, who will always have access to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Had Philosopher's Stone the other night for the second time.. Beautiful.. just beautiful. Spent an hour or two laughing at Office Space on DVD while outside the front door I could hear the shouting and knocking over of bins by the pissed up muppets in their culchie shirts and gelled hair. Awoke this morning to a beautiful display of Abrakebabra and vomit outside on the street. Typical :mad:

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Had Philosopher's Stone the other night for the second time.. Beautiful.. just beautiful. Spent an hour or two laughing at Office Space on DVD while outside the front door I could hear the shouting and knocking over of bins by the pissed up muppets in their culchie shirts and gelled hair. Awoke this morning to a beautiful display of Abrakebabra and vomit outside on the street. Typical :mad:
    whilst listening to Can?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

And we're bringing this thread back from the dead, why exactly?

• Advertisement

Im at fault. Thought there might have been a mini-discussion about the Netherlands and their outlawing, but I was wrong.

Apologies all

Advertisement