Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

User: DigitalImage Status: Banned

Options
  • 27-06-2007 1:09am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

One of the chaps who works for me (found him on Boards actually) approached me on Skype earlier. He got banned on Boards.ie for "spamming" but claims all he was doing was using Adverts.ie to post up his PC he was trying to sell and offer Graphic Design. The ban expiry is set to "never", but is unsure why he is banned or by who. He got an advert removed early on this month for not reading the rules for Adverts.

Dont suppose any light could be shed on this, or if he has any chance of being let back in? Can banned people post anywhere to ask why? Im posting as he is unsure, and well... so am I :P

Cheers.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It was reported as spam, he had 4 posts and they were all advertising his graphic design work. Should have been posted under adverts.ie (not Digital Art). Spam is spam.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah. Fair enough, he left that out alright. Dont suppose you want to give him a second chance, if he actually sticks firmly to the guidelines both on Adverts and Boards?

Spam is spam as you say, but he is no spam bot or has intentions to spam Boards again after this mess up. Why he did it so much is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

There's one of the threads he started in the recycle bin at the moment, if you want to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam

• Advertisement
Advertisement