Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

isn't it great...?

• 27-06-2007 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

All everybody seems to do on this board is moan, they moan about how rubbish this country is now and how terrible life is this country is now and how it's overrun by foreignors and how wer'e all getting ripped off left right and centre and how it's really going to be a struggle to fit in that second holiday this year as well as maintain the two cars and why would you bother when all there is to do in them is sit in another m50 jam.

well this thread is exclusively for discussing the good things about modern Ireland, because, seriously a lot of you have to chill out and watch a few episodes of Nationwide every now and then, it's not as bad as all that.

I'll get the ball rolling

The irish music scene is more healthy and vibrant then it as ever been, this country is producing world class acts in almost ever genre you can mention, modern ireland has given people the money and time to explore their creative outlets and the results are sensational!!!

postive replies only please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

enda1 wrote:
    The Irish music scene is absolutely atrocious!
    you obviously don't know where to look, I suggest... the internet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

JoeSchmoe wrote:
    The irish music scene is more healthy and vibrant then it as ever been

The Irish music scene is absolutely atrocious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

I had a beautiful Guiness and Sirloin Steak last night served up by a seriously sexy redhead. One the best ways to pass a Tuesday evening. FACT.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I was out in reds Monday night and the drinks were only €2. Got pretty drunk and woke up the next day with a rake of money in my wallet which rarely happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Kindness: I was flying into Dublin on Monday night and I met a very friendly couple from Wicklow. I chatted to the woman throughout the flight.

Not only did this nice lady buy me a cup of tea when I had no change, she also gave me a book that she had finished reading. It's encounters like this that give you faith in people.

Fair play to you Nuala if you're out there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I think the diversity of cultures in Ireland at the moment, especially Dublin, is great, i really enjoy chatting to foreign nationals, very interesting!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I have awoke the last 3 mornings, sober and not having to do anything all day.

Is there any better feeling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

i feel good thread is just what was needed around here.

there's far to many moaning michaels around here.

last week when i missed the last bus and had no money a random girl who also missed the last bus taxi'd me home for free.

nice people are nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Fair play to the nice Polish girl who yesterday gave me a free americano when it turned out that all the regular coffee was gone.

Also the ability for families and mates to go and see great sporting events every weekend (at a relatively cheap price) without the threat of violence or intimidation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭bandit*baby

going to dundrum shopping centre and sittng around ripping the p!ss out of all the drummy muppets
    or just takin the pic out of ya gois' ross o' carroll kelly eejets in general

ah had this country not bettered itself then how would the common folk abuse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Yore ma is 1 good thing about Ireland!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This thread is shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Irish breakfasts are great, as is the range of chocolate. I also really miss the west coast and the mountains.

well this pretty much proves my point about what a bunch of moaners you all are (obviously not the positive posters on the thread) Don't worry, they say it's going to lash rain all summer long soplenty more fodder to fuel your complaining natures, you love a bit of it!!!! 8)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I was out in reds Monday night and the drinks were only €2. Got pretty drunk and woke up the next day with a rake of money in my wallet which rarely happens.

I was going to ask "where?", but then I noticed that its down in Sligo.. grrrrrrrrrr :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

stepbar wrote:
    I was going to ask "where?", but then I noticed that its down in Sligo.. grrrrrrrrrr :mad:

Reds is in Dublin, on Westmoreland St. Absolute kip.

No thats 3eur a drink, the place he was talking about is 2 eur a drink :eek:

EDIT: Opps sorry its reds alright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Boards.ie

I love it. I love reading peoples humourous stories or taking sides in a good old debate in AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

JoeSchmoe wrote:

The irish music scene is more healthy and vibrant then it as ever been, this country is producing world class acts in almost ever genre you can mention, modern ireland has given people the money and time to explore their creative outlets and the results are sensational!!!

postive replies only please

wheres the world class irish hip hop acts so?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭Lazare

I've eaten in restaurants in a lot of countries, and Italy is the only one that beats Ireland for top quality food and service.

Oh, and where else are you able to drink water straight from the tap (bar the wesht)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

WTF are you all talking about? Ireland is rubbish.

I have to disagree. I'm just back from Cafe Bar Deli. Great simple food. Tiger prawns and pasta with chocolate browney for desert. Yummmmm :D However there are some awful places but thankfully they are in the minority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭Lazare

Binomate wrote:
    WTF are you all talking about? Ireland is rubbish.

Yeah, I suppose you're right.
    The 70's and 80's were so much better.
    The huge unemployment, emmigration and poverty was so romantic. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

-Barcode, where else would ya get a club that size with so many hot girls and no admission fee. I'm just back from ibiza and most of the clubs over there were about €40 in.

-Being able to fail your driving test then drive home from the test centre like nothing happened.

-No college fees. Thats something fairly unique to Ireland afaik! My cousins in england were paying £5000/year to do their degrees over there.

Thats all I can think of for now, the bad kinda outweighs the good though op - which is why I had to struggle to think of those 3 things, but could list 7000 negatives off the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

peepsbates wrote:
    Jaysus! you've obviously never heard of Spiral!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

the superb weather which means i can fly everyday :P

Coming on here and talking to a bunch of intellectual and oh so full of knowledge people :p :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

But Barcode has a much higher proportion of underage girls than most places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Lazare wrote:
    Yeah, I suppose you're right.
    The 70's and 80's were so much better.
    The huge unemployment, emmigration and poverty was so romantic. :rolleyes:
    Yeah, but back in the 80's we had TJ hooker.

Spiral..... wat a muppet. Is that the best he could do, dem girls in the video are "cracker knackers" (and i'm not being complementary to them if thats what you think :D )

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

-No college fees. Thats something fairly unique to Ireland afaik! My cousins in england were paying £5000/year to do their degrees over there.
    Scotland is free - for anyone from any part of the EU except NI, England and Wales. UK primary and secondary education is a lot cheaper than ours as is medical care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

JoeSchmoe wrote:
    as well as maintain the two cars and why would you bother when all there is to do in them is sit in another m50 jam.
    Even though you're stuck in a traffic jam going to work, at least you're in Ireland - 20 years ago you had no choice but to go abroad for work and you became homesick and missed your family. Now you can stay in Ireland because there is work, you're with your family and friends - but still moaning!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

In General the people are friendly, sound.
    Good athmosphere about dublin city.
    We're not poor.
    There's lots of stuff to do.
    Plenty of jobs.
    Festivals.

People need to stfu moaning and get a grip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

The OP is complaining about moaners but he is moaning about moaners doesn't that make him a moaner?

Sam Kade wrote:
    The OP is complaining about moaners but he is moaning about moaners doesn't that make him a moaner?

In a word, Yes.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Summer holidays are just around the corner. Makes me feel good.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah but when you're sh!tfaced that doesn't seem to matter :D

peepsbates wrote:

disfunktional (funky alt hiphop style)

http://www.myspace.com/disfunktional

Rob Kelly (kinda commercial stuff)

http://www.myspace.com/robkelly

Scary Eire (the daddies of the lot)

http://www.myspace.com/scaryeire

feel free to listen and then come back on and moan how the irish accent sounds stupid with Hiphop :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sam Kade wrote:

yeah, the ironing is oh so delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

Good idea for a thread.

People are the best thing about Ireland. A very particular sense of humour and manner/mannerisims. Most people are nice and will go out of their way to help if they think you are genuinely in need of it.... and that's not just Irish people, also our new Irish. My 75 year old mother got on the wrong bus in Portlaoise and ended up as the last person on board. The bus driver, who was foreign, drove her all the way from Kildare to Rathmines, because he felt sorry for her.

I think it's great that in Ireland we now have different nationalities and are a modern country with loads of fabulous people! No longer inward looking inbreds :-) (I'm Irish, just in case anyone takes offense)

And we all have jobs!

The weather suits my pale easily damaged skin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

Sam Kade wrote:
    No, makes him a metamoaner... (s)he's right though

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Marathon Man

JoeSchmoe wrote:
    feel free to listen and then come back on and moan how the irish accent sounds stupid with Hiphop :rolleyes:

I never moan at comedy. :) Fantastic stuff.

Advertisement