Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fall break at Cork?

Options
  • 27-06-2007 7:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Does Cork have a fall break?

Im an American who would like to get to the mainland for a week during my stay in Cork.

Ive heard that there is a week off school during October, is this true?

If not, what days are break days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭embraer170

Just take any week you want off and you have a fall break. Otherwise, no, there isn't an official one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

the only holidays are Christmas (last yr it was something like Dec 5th til Jan 8th) and easter (a month usually)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

noker17 wrote:
    would like to get to the mainland for a week during my stay in Cork.

Mainland???????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Mainland???????
    i was thinking the samething :D
    perhaps he means mainland europe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

As long as you know someone else in your classes they can get the notes for you. To be honest I never really attended UCC just got the notess from my friends. Missing a week is not a big deal there as long as you dont have an exam or an assignment to hand up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

The Cork Jazz Weekend is a good craic in the autumn, just google ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭looksee

noker17 wrote:

Im an American who would like to get to the mainland for a week during my stay in Cork.

Sounds reasonable enough that he would want to see the rest of Ireland while he was here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Mainland???????

Europe?
    Perhaps the marketing of Ireland as a twee island on the West coast of Europe , probably by the sending "school" has suggested to the OP that we view Europe as the mainland.

or

Great Britain?
    Perhaps the full name of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland has suggested to the OP that the Republic of Ireland is an outpost of the aforementioned country and thus the mainland would be Great Britain.

Advertisement