Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moka Pot question

• 27-06-2007 9:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi.
    I am using a bialetti moka pot at the moment. Is it ok to use it on an electric/halogen hob? when in italy i used it on a gas hob and it seemed like it made more sense, but i wonder is there any difference? sometimes i think i get a smokey smell but it could be a mental thing.
    Also, should it be heated over a low/medium heat or on full, after all its just boling water so it shouldnt make much difference but i never know with these things.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

When I used one in the past it was on an electric hob, in fact I think at this
    stage I've used one on most types of hobs.

Heat wise, I'd put it on the ring with about 90% heat to start and once the
    coffee starts to rise I'd turn it down to a much lower heat setting to avoid
    over heating the pot and burning the coffee. As the last of the water is
    bubbling up I'd remove it from the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭loadabollocks

great thanks for your help! i only got it yesterday but i have 2 nice new bags of coffee to look forward to.l

Advertisement