Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy distilled water?

• 27-06-2007 10:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭

Would anyone one know where in Kilkenny City I would get distilled water please?
    I have been told garages and chemists, but if someone could give me a definite then I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭oilsheik

Walsh's motor factors might do it for topping up batteries I have definetly seen it in Halfords in Carlow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Thanks for the reply Oilsheik.

I tried Walshs' yesterday, along with Top Part, a few garages and a couple of chemists. Nobody had it and most thought it was the same as deionised.

I rang Halfords to check. I asked them twice if it was definitely distilled and NOT deionised and they said yes it was. I drove up there from Kilkenny, betting myself that is was deionised AND IT F****** WAS deionised!! :mad:

I then spent the next 3 hours trying other possible suppliers. No luck. :(

It was amazing the amount of people that thought both were the same thing.

Distilled water is water that has virtually all of its impurities removed through distillation. Distillation involves boiling the water and re-condensing the steam into a clean container, leaving most contaminants behind.

Deionised water is water that lacks ions, such as cations from sodium, calcium, iron, copper and anions such as chloride and bromide. This means it has been purified from all other ions except H3O+ and OH−, but it may still contain other non-ionic types of impurities such as organic compounds. This type of water is produced using an ion exchange process.

The search continues. ;)

Advertisement