Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How reliable are Play.com?

Options
  • 27-06-2007 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have frankly become sick of dealing with CDWOW and am thinking of ordering from play.com in future and was just wondering, are they as reliable as they seem? How are their customer services (because that has really annoyed me with CDWOW). Any nightmare storeys?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I've used both CD-Wow and Play and have never had an issue with either. I don't have a preference between them- I just look for what I want and buy it on whichever site is cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

have used play between 5 & 10 times and have never had a problem. That said I've never had a problem with cdwow either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I've used Play.com hundreds of times and only had a few DVDs go missing. Their current policy is you wait 21 days and if nothing shows they'll send a replacement immediately. No problems ever getting a replacement.

Sendit.com are another good shop, I always check prices between Play, Sendit and CDWow before buying. Play or Sendit usually come out the cheaper and without the two week delay in dispatching that you get with CDWow lately.

Had to return one item to Sendit, box set had no DVD discs in it. Anyway, they sent the replacement even before I had returned the empty box so I can't really fault them either.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've bought a load of CDs, DVDs and books from Play over the past 3 or 4 months and they've been excellent. One set of DVDs didn't arrive after the required 21 days and they sent out a replacement the next day without any questions. Typically the original order arrived a day or two after that and I had to send it back, but that wasn't their fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

No problem with Play.com at all. I think they post their DVD's from Hong Kong - I haven't ordered anything from them in a couple of months, the memory's a bit rusty today, sorry. 10/10 for them though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

have bought shítloads of stuff of them and never had a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Never any problems with Play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

vibrant wrote:
    I think they post their DVD's from Hong Kong
    Jersey. CDWow used to post from Hong Kong, and still do for some items, but often use Luxemburg now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Never a problem with PLAY.com. Bought a good couple of DVDs off them .. even the one or two that went missing were reshipped after 2 weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I haven't used alot but aside my first order when that went lost everything else I have ordered has been grand since. I havent used them enough to draw a solid consensus but they seem to be on another level to ''service'' you now get from CDWOW these days (see rant in CDWOW thread)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Use www.play.com all the time and its been great, never any problems. Posted from Jersey, never take too long.
    Go for it.

I've been dealing with play.com for 2 years, hundreds of orders and only one went missing in the post. This was speedily replaced by play with no fuss. Excellent service. I've only used CD WOW once and was not impressed. I know that sounds biased but delivery of a dvd took ages(weeks) compared to play, so I never bought anything off them again. Plenty of other people are happy with them though so I was probably just unlucky.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Also used play.com a big bunch of times and only once had a DVD go missing - which was replaced without fuss. I've also used them for books and never had an issue there either.

Cd-wow are slower in delivery I've found and so I've always favoured play.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Used play.com for a few years now after problems with Amazon.
    No hassles at all with play.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hermit

As everyone else has said before this - I have never had a problem with Play.com in almost 4 years of dealing with them. I never use cdwow anymore - they are so slow at getting orders to you.

Only one thing that I had a problem with was just before last christmas - I ordered Pro Evo. 6 for Ps2 as christmas present It hadn't arrived by 21/12/06 so I emailed and told them that I had to go buy the game for a christmas pressie and couldn't wait for them to re-issue the game. 2 days later my credit card had been credited with the money no questions asked.

They are great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Steve J

Play seem expensive. love cd wow or I like bangcd.com too

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I find play alot cheaper then cdwow.

Sendit.com is another option but the only order i ever put in hasn't arrived yet but I have being reassured a replacement is in the post:)

Play are great to deal with,their customer service is excellent and if somehting doesn't arrive within 21 days of them shipping it they replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

Used play.com for years with no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Yellow Snow

Same as most of the above... No complaints at all with Play.com. Been using them since November or so of last year. Did a rake of christmas shopping with them and since then have used them for most of my buys. 10/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Ruu wrote:
    Never any problems with Play.

/\/\/\/\

• Advertisement
Advertisement