Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dodgy plastering job

Options
  • 27-06-2007 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

i had a stud wall removed to open up my dining room and kitchen. the gap that was left in the ceiling from the stud wall was filled with plasterboard then plastered over...because the plasterboard was not flush with the rest of the ceiling the the plaster was spread out over a wider area to blend it in....trouble is it didn't work out as the egde can be clearly seen when painted . tried sanding the edges to blend it in but plaster is too thick...any ideas anyone on a diy fix i dont want to get the plasterer back or should i get a different plasterer to do the whole ceiling???

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

have u a pic of it, hard to know what u mean by dodgy, it is a hard thing to do but a filler and sanding will probably get u sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭plasto

I know exactly what you mean! Dodgy plasterer by the sounds of it.

Your better off putting a new piece of plaster board in, cut back as far as the new plaster finishes and get a different plasterer in...any good plasterer would have no problem matching it in.

You could thistle-bond it and re-plaster the whole ceiling.

Good luck.

Advertisement