Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real life Thumbelina

Options
  • 27-06-2007 1:25pm
    Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭

I saw a show* on this child yesterday, and it was fascinating and kinda uplifting. The little girl was so tiny, yet a little bundle of energy, full of affection, and her parents were so positive about her chances of a happy life. If you get a chance to see it if its repeated, watch it. :)
    *not sure which channel, was on a sky documentary channel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I saw it a while back, I think it was on Discovery. Nice story, it's a hard condition to live with though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

KtK- I didn't see the show but Googled her name. What a lovely little child. I can't see it mentioned anywhere but does she have any other problems- talking etc?

Heatbreaking condition- even moreso when you realise how young her parents were when they had her (mother was 22, father was 25). :(

I'd better post a picture of the father, erm, I mean the child here for people to see.

kenadiewithdadcourtio6.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

She has very little speech, but theyre teaching her to sign. Her skull is smaller than a newborn which they think is causing cognitive delay.

Advertisement