Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kildare outlet store

• 27-06-2007 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been here shopping, is it any good? Is it along the lines of outlet stores that you would see in the U.S.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 islay

Kildare village is ok.... The village is quite cute on a summer day not if its lashing. But do not expect massive savings on designer labels it just won't happen Karen Millen and Coast just sell what isn't shifting in their main stores. The Nike store sells weird non sellers like neon trainers.

I am not a label freak so I am probaly the wrong customer.

Eat before you go as you only have Starbucks or some Italian place thats not that great and quite dear in my opinon for what basically serves paninis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

There are about 20 shops in total: www.kildarevillage.com should have a listing of them. I like the Nike shop and always pick something up in it, before Christmas they were doing a Buy 1 pair get 1 pair 1/2 price deal on all runners.

There are a few kitchen accessory shops which I guess are eccentric and may have unusual stuff. If you're making a trip down, try and take in Rathdowney Village or another outlet place in the area, might make it worthwhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

was out there last week.theyve 2 pairs of jeans for 85 euro in levis which i thought wa s adeadly deal!and the calvin klein underwear is a fair bit cheaper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 racymere

i was in kildare outlet a few weeks ago and thought it was great, i was looking for a dress for a wedding and thought the girly shops had a great selection and the prices were great especially monsoon. didnt go into any other shops as i had the kids with me and they were getting bored but ill defo go up there again. as for rathdowney i only live down the road from it and wouldnt recommend it to anybody. theres only 1 decent shop in there with good prices and thats lee cooper there jeans are so cheap i often went in and bought a pair for under 30 euro, tjs is the same prices as they would be in any normal shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 modalcommand

The place looks great and is handy enough to get to. Not brilliant for clothes etc. but its well worth a day out on a nice day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

went for first tome recently. its great in sun avoid in rain you will get soaked. and yes as someone else said eat first as the food choice is v bad. depends what you are looking for. If you just want cheap and cheerful head to penneys or H & M instead. Its great for wedding outfits / dresses for the races etc as they have monsoon, coast & Karen Millen but if you are very intio fashion it may not appeal as its all last season.
    The levi shop is great some good prices in there and nice spacious shop. same for the roxy shop. be prepared to route around I got a fab roxy skirt reduced from 60 euro to 20 there recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Quote 'as for rathdowney i only live down the road from it and wouldnt recommend it to anybody.'

Yes I went to Rathdowney and thought it was a waste of time and wanted to get some feedback before going to Kildare. It seems to be a different kettle of fish altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Definitely going to pop in for a look on my way home to Cork next time. Is it off the Motorway??

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Marathon Man

ClareBear wrote:
    Definitely going to pop in for a look on my way home to Cork next time. Is it off the Motorway??

Yep. You can't miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

damonjewel wrote:
    Has anyone been here shopping, is it any good? Is it along the lines of outlet stores that you would see in the U.S.?

It is intended to be along American lines, but it's not. Yes there are discounts but not "outlet grade" discounts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Yep. You can't miss it.

Goody, a shopping I shall go! Love sussing out new centres, the shopping evilness in me always comes out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Agree with most comments.

Yes, Rathdowney is a kip and there is nothing worth going there for. Avoid.

Kildare Village is good for occassions type clothes. There are a fair few houseware-type places with lovely and unusual stuff. Definitely worth a visit if you're kitting out a new house with kitchen-ware, bedlinen etc. and looking for something a bit special (without breaking the bank). There's a Radley bag shop which I like and Clarks shoes (good for picking up work shoes at good prices), a few sports shops where you'll pick up tracksuits (Reebok shop is better than Nike), etc. It's a good place to go to find a nice present for somebody. There are a couple of places with suits and shirts for men.

Do eat before you go there. There's a good playground for the kids and last year they used to have street theatre entertainment on weekend afternoons. The performers were all good and kept kids and hubbies amused. ;)

All in all, it's definitely worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Yep. You can't miss it.

Just take the first Kildare exit you come across (heading south), and it's right beside the motorway on the other side of the fly-over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭musicfan

I'm a regular visit to Kildare Village.......great place to spend and hour or two at most but you wouldn't spend the day there.

Popular shops seem to be Clarks, Monsoon, Coast, Nike, Reebok and don't forget to visit the Molton Brown shop for all you beauty product fans out there - great reductions available!

Starbucks well worth a visit but on a Sunday afternoon the queue there can be out the door.....and moves really slowly!! Maybe they should have a seperate queue for takeaway coffee.........I only want a coffee to takeaway so its not worth the 30 minutes queueing

Advertisement