Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody have any experience using travel routers for hotel use etc

• 27-06-2007 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Came across this while searching for ideas on sharing a wired hotel connection for a couple of laptops

http://tinyurl.com/3dk8dh

Anybody use it or products like it or whats best way to share the connection?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

if your laptop has a wireless card, you could share the hotel wired connection and create an ADHOC wireless network. Only thing is, your laptop would have to be switched on for it to act as an access point.

TBH, you can pick up a wireless broadband router for 60 odd quid and would probably be more reliable and robust compared to that lil linksys! Connect the wired hotel feed into the WAN port and then do what you want with it on the LAN side either wired or wireless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Yeah. I was thinking of the adhoc network myself and it was just when I was googling earlier I came across that little device which seems very handy, but again, cost is practically the same as a standard router, so unless I was REALLY badly stuck for space, I wouldnt see it being a huge advantage :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Unless you have a small "Mr.Bean" suitcase LOL

Advertisement