Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat's game confirmed

Options
  • 27-06-2007 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Our first team will travel to Dublin to take on St Patrick's Athletic in a pre-season friendly on Thursday, July 12.
    Kick off at Richmond Park- home of the eight-time Eircom league champions- will be at 7.45pm.

St Patrick’s Athletic currently sit a point off first place in the Irish top-flight after 15 games and also have a UEFA Cup campaign to look forward to having finished as runners-up in the F.A.I. Cup final last term.

Current pre-season schedule
    Saturday, July 7- Stevenage Borough (a) 3pm
    Thursday, July 12- St Patrick’s Athletic (a) 7.30pm
    Saturday, July 21- Kaizer Chiefs (a) 3pm local time
    Tuesday, July 24- Orlando Pirates (a) 8pm local time
    Saturday, July 28- TBC (a) 3pm local time
    Wednesday, August 1- Leyton Orient (a) 7.45pm

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/stpatricksfriendly.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Sweet

Tickets on sale tomorrow 9.30am from the stadium of light in Inchicore !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭coys

Hi im new here just about to post this myself
    but brilliant news suppose all are going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

coys wrote:
    Hi im new here just about to post this myself
    but brilliant news suppose all are going

which end will you be in ? :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm guessing I can't book tickets online but what about over the phone?

• Advertisement

27/06/2007 [13:39]
    PREMIERSHIP GLAMOUR TO COME TO INCHICORE
    The good news continues for fans of Saint Patrick’s Athletic Football Club. Currently 2nd in the eircom League of Ireland, and with a new board of directors in place to oversee the dawn of a new era for the Inchicore side, it has been confirmed that English giants Tottenham Hotspur will travel to Richmond Park to take on the “Saints” on Thursday July 12th with a provisional kick-off time of 7.45pm.

Announcing the fixture Director of Football, Brian Kerr said:

“This will be a really good test for us half way through our season and given the quality of the current Spurs squad it should prove to be a very attractive fixture, not just for our fans but for all football people in Dublin. Johnny McDonnell and I are conscious of the need to test our squad against the best opposition possible in advance of the UEFA Cup which starts a week later on Thursday July 19th 2007. “

Commenting, Club Chairman, Garrett Kelleher said:

“We have done a certain amount of work on the facilities at Richmond Park and while, longer term, we intend to refurbish the whole stadium, we are better positioned now to host such an exciting fixture. The FAI has facilitated us by moving our home League fixture with Longford Town from Friday 13th to Sunday July 15th. We are grateful to them and to Longford for their co-operation.”

The match will see Kerr and his former assistant at international level, Chris Hughton, who is 1st team coach at Spurs, on opposite sides and will also see one of Kerr’s protégés at underage level, Robbie Keane, play a club game in Ireland for the first time since he was made captain of Ireland.

Hughton, and manager Martin Jol, helped guide Spurs to a fifth place finish in last season’s FA Premiership and saw his team narrowly beaten by the eventual winners, Sevilla, in the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup, losing out 4-3 on aggregate.

Domestic fans are sure to come out in numbers to see the star-studded English visitors who include amongst their ranks the exciting trio of England internationals Aaron Lennon, Jermaine Jenas and Jermaine Defoe as well as the talented Bulgarian Dimitar Berbatov who forged such an effective partnership with Keane last season.

Ticket prices range from €35 for the main stand to €20 for general ground admission. A limited amount of concession tickets will be available for all areas of the stadium strictly on a one for one basis. Tickets will be available from tomorrow (Thursday 28th June) from St Patrick’s Athletic at Richmond Park, 125 Emmet Road, Inchicore, Dublin 8. The ticket hotline number is (01) 4546332

Dont forget to drink lots of beer in McDowells :)

kdjac

Anyone been able to book tickets? I can't get through with that number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 browbrow

Same here, just a dead tone when you dial?
    Pity there's nowere online you can book

Yep got tru about 10.20am. I was trying constantly from 9.25am. Happy Days

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Stedub

i just drove to St. Pats, only one girl working in the ticket office and a queue of about 15-20 people, everyone seems to be buying 3-4 tickets each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I'm going to go down and try and get some tickets now in a few mins.

I'll keep trying!! Work wont allow me to get to Inchicore, Tell those in the Queue to hurry up! :D

Argh, she must be on lunch as it's finally ringing. Only problem is that it's going through to an answering machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I was down and got tickets about an hour ago. No queue when I went in and looked like they'd a good lot of tickets left.

Keep trying man, i finally got through bout 5 minutes ago!! Happy days indeed

Yay!! Picked up some terrace tickets - eventually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

does anybody know if the match is sold out? its an absolute nightmare trying to get through on the phone. i just cannot get hold of anybody!i have been trying since nine non stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

still terrace tickets left I just got through there happy days:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Terrace tickets €20 each.
    Will be nice to stand again (like the old days)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

yessss got two tickets just there! 25 each.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Druid

Got Terrace tickets this morning. €25 each

Seems to be quite a large stack of them left on the table too.

More tickets on sale morrow after season ticket holders and 500 club memebers either take or dont take theirs.

5500 sold so far, nice one spurs roughly 150k :D

Pretty much 2 players and our away trip to Denmark sorted, may be on Tg4 wont know till morrow evening so more cash :)

kdjac

Advertisement