Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a cat live with a 'Staff?..

Options
  • 27-06-2007 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

I'm considering buying a Staffordshire Bull Terrior, but I'm alittle concerned about him growing up in the same house as our cat 'Sammy.

I've been told it should be fine if the dog is introduced as a puppy, but my cat thinks she own's the house.

Any opinions?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

;) well I know for a fact that EGAR have a cat friendly staffie at the mo (EGAR - East Galway Animal Rescue)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Mairt wrote:
    I've been told it should be fine if the dog is introduced as a puppy, but my cat thinks she own's the house.

Yeah, had a cat and a Staff. They were fine, the Staff was an adult and the cat was a kitten. It should be even better the other way around, maybe a few scraped noses and a bit of hissing, otherwise things will work itself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

;) well I know for a fact that EGAR have a cat friendly staffie at the mo (EGAR - East Galway Animal Rescue)

Cheque is in the mail, Tabitharose :D.

p794723.jpg

Kids, cats, dogs and peeps - she loves them all. 10 months old, fully vaccd and spayed as well as housetrained.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

;) her colouring is STUNNING

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Mairt wrote:
    I'm considering buying a Staffordshire Bull Terrior, but I'm alittle concerned about him growing up in the same house as our cat 'Sammy.

Any opinions?.
    Martin i dont know if you've actually sent the payment but why dont you check out dogs in distress-they always have staffs on there site and they are nearly always put down because people dont understand the breed and assume that there viscious-check this out either way-you could get a free dog and save a life-:D http://www.dogsindistress.org/whatdiddo.htm

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 JarOfFlies

I have both, and my staff is fine with it. I had my staff first aswell.

Here's my cat and dog;

sa400161gi9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

cowzerp wrote:
    Martin i dont know if you've actually sent the payment but why dont you check out dogs in distress-they always have staffs on there site and they are nearly always put down because people dont understand the breed and assume that there viscious-check this out either way-you could get a free dog and save a life-:D http://www.dogsindistress.org/whatdiddo.htm

DiD rehomes, like any reputeable rescue, with contracts and HCs as well as a rehoming fee.

Advertisement