Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dart annoyance

Options
  • 27-06-2007 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Does anyone else find it incredibly annoying when the southbound Dart announces:

"This Dart is for Bray, Bre" - say alou for maximum effect

Does no one in CIE realise the pronunciation of Bray/Bre is EXACTLY the same and does not need to be repeated!

Every time I hear it, I cringe...who could possibly have thought it necessary to repeat the bloody word twice...productivity hits a new low

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Bray, so good they named it twice :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

BendiBus wrote:
    Bray, so good they named it twice :p

^^^
    LOL.. ah I love it!*

*I love the previous quote, not Bray.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

BMcG05 wrote:
    Does anyone else find it incredibly annoying when the southbound Dart announces:

"This Dart is for Bray, Bre" - say alou for maximum effect

Does no one in CIE realise the pronunciation of Bray/Bre is EXACTLY the same and does not need to be repeated!

Every time I hear it, I cringe...who could possibly have thought it necessary to repeat the bloody word twice...productivity hits a new low

Well the fact that they then repeat the whole sentence again just adds to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

At least the friendly luas voiceover leaves out Jervis. Although her Irish is equally annoying. Smithfield....

Advertisement