Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another After Hours Classic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Degsy doesn't do subtle. It's not an implication, it's a stonewall guarantee!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

amm Agent Smith.

That's ****ed up.

reported.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

What the feck?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

OK. Someone needs to clear this up for me because I refuse to load those pictures on my work machine. Again. :mad:

Were Degsy's pictures worthy of a site ban? I'm assuming agent_smith's pics were being rewritten.

• Advertisement

my Picture was of the "i am serious cat, this is serious thread"

I think that site does something so you can't link their images on other sites.

As for Degsy's pic it was something to do with Rape.

i'm smart enough to know
    1. not to post NSFW pics
    2. not to do it in work

Yeah. So enough of the cat pics. I didn't see Degsy's images (at least I don't know if I did). I saw a glimpse of the images in As's and just went on a delete spree. Thank God for firefox. Turn images on and off with one click.

I just really hope that picture doesn't appear in front of me on the table during a year end review :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

seamus wrote:
    Were Degsy's pictures worthy of a site ban?

No no, not at all. It's just the old "You gonna get raped" pic, nothing obscene, I was just being a pedant and saying the implication is inappropriate. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

seamus wrote:
    OK. Someone needs to clear this up for me because I refuse to load those pictures on my work machine. Again. :mad:

Were Degsy's pictures worthy of a site ban? I'm assuming agent_smith's pics were being rewritten.

I didn't see anything wrong with Degsy's pictures. Agent Smith on the other hand....

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I think that site does something so you can't link their images on other sites.

As for Degsy's pic it was something to do with Rape.

makes sense - it's actually quite funny! Degsys one was "Somebodys gonna get raped" - it's been posted lots of times with a pic of a big cat looking at a little cat - degsys had a pic of a bloke. So I don't think it deserves a siteban.

i'm smart enough to know
    1. not to post NSFW pics
    2. not to do it in work

Did you post this. The picture was fairly rough tbh. Are you logged in on another machine anywhere? Seamus could run an IP check I'm sure.

Edit/ go and look at the reported post

Edit/Edit/ Don't do this if you're at work!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

seamus wrote:
    Yeah. So enough of the cat pics. I didn't see Degsy's images (at least I don't know if I did). I saw a glimpse of the images in As's and just went on a delete spree. Thank God for firefox. Turn images on and off with one click.

I just really hope that picture doesn't appear in front of me on the table during a year end review :rolleyes:
    How do you turn them off with a click? Handy!

I also clicked a wrong lnk in work this morning, led to some jenna jameson video, oh oh.

I've lifted Degsy's ban. Kneejerk reaction in case someone had hijacked his account.

For safety, I'm not gonna review his posts until I get home, but if another admin/smod wants to do it and reinstate the posts, be my guest. :)
    How do you turn them off with a click? Handy!
    Have a look for the image-show-hide extension. It's particularly handy when clicking on anything which you may think is slightly iffy. It's also handy in times like this, where you can screw about and edit threads without your co-workers giving you odd looks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Wow!I was sitebanned for ten minutes just then!!

i'm smart enough to know
    1. not to post NSFW pics
    2. not to do it in work
    your picture (to the rest of us) was of a naked woman projectile vomiting on a naked man's erection.

Did you post this. The picture was fairly rough tbh. Are you logged in on another machine anywhere? Seamus could run an IP check I'm sure.

Edit/ go and look at the reported post

I think the site that hosts the pic AS intended to post replaces the image with the image we saw to stop people hotlinking and stealing their bandwidth. It's actually pretty funny.

Degsy's post was intended (I'm assuming) but it's been posted loads before without any action being taken, so it'd be unfair to ban him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Mine was apicture of a bloke in a snorkel jacket saying "you gonna get raped"..no filth as such.Agent's pic was a bird vomiting down soembody's hard on!

tbh wrote:
    I think the site that hosts the pic AS intended to post replaces the image with the image we saw to stop people hotlinking and stealing their bandwidth. It's actually pretty funny.

Degsy's post was intended (I'm assuming) but it's been posted loads before without any action being taken, so it'd be unfair to ban him.

Neat trick. Never heard of that before. Picture wasn't neat though :(

• Advertisement

I can assure you that i didnt Post that!!!

what happened was you posted a URL in the image link. Everytime someone loads the page on boards, it loads the image from that website you linked, and that costs them money. Most sites just have a default tiny image that says "no hotlinking" - but the site you linked has that pic instead - you won't make that mistake again!

could have happened to a bishop, really.

Phew!
    Note to self: Never post cat pictures again

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Wow, that picture that Agent Smith posted was obviously unintentional.

now if one did want such pictures.........

I think it would be best for the planet if everyone considered that course of action agent_smith :)

Re: Note to self

And always used the "preview post" button when linking images ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Degsy wrote:
    Mine was apicture of a bloke in a snorkel jacket saying "you gonna get raped"..no filth as such.Agent's pic was a bird vomiting down soembody's hard on!
    Hah!

Thanks, Seamus.

A certain, to remain unnamed admin has also posted Agent Smith's picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I've heard of anti hotlinking measures before, but that has to be the most hard-hitting way of putting people off:)

AS, it just goes to show that your rep is intact on boardsie, we knew you wouldn't do a thing like that knowingly :)

I reported the post too, as you may have gathered...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

tbh wrote:
    could have happened to a bishop, really.

No, the bishop would've probably done it on purpose. ;)

Advertisement