Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland pension v's Eagle Star PRSA at work?

Options
  • 27-06-2007 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I would really appreciate some help with my situation if possible...I want to avail of the Government Incentive for pensions but have never had a personal or company pension before (I am 34). I discussed my options with B.O.I. where I had my SSIA and of course they say they are the best - there is an agreed PRSA available with Eagle Star from work, who seem to perform excellently well from what I have researched.
    Is it better to go with the devil I know (B.O.I.) and keep things simple (they seem to do this to me regularily e.g. SSIA) or go outside my comfort zone with Eagle Star - or maybe some other provide that could be recommended? many thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Try these guys:

http://www.acumenandtrust.com/

I've my pension through them and they give you projections etc.

S

If you are comfortable with making the decision on what funds to invest in and are prepared to complete the documentation yourself, you can save yourself 5% of whatever amount you are going to invest by buying the PRSA from a discount-broker.

There is no way of predicting whether BOI, ES or any other provider for that matter will 'perform' better but at least all of your invested will be allocated to the PRSA from day one.

If you are comfortable with making the decision on what funds to invest in and are prepared to complete the documentation yourself, you can save yourself up to 5% of whatever amount you are going to invest by buying the PRSA from a discount-broker.

There is no way of predicting whether BOI, ES or any other provider for that matter will 'perform' better but at least all of your invested will be allocated to the PRSA from day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

With eagle star you'd be investing your money as a single payment, so if you've your work PRSA with them you'll carry on paying into that, and have a seperate plan within a plan if ya get me.

Thats the way ES operate from when i was looking to transfer benefits from a scheme to them, they've good fund perfomance, and low enough charges, but i would recommend independent advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 deece27

Thanks for the explanation, I think I get it! It seems to be a confusing area so I'll do some more homework - thanks for everyones help

• Advertisement
Advertisement