Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SPSS and Interpreting Linear Regression Results

• 27-06-2007 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭

Anybody know of any good resources where I can learn how to read and understand the output from a Linear Regression on SPSS?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Any SPSS manual/book would help but typically they assume a level of statistical knowledge that would be hard for the beginner.

I can help if you have more specific questions, I'm familiar with SPSS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

Discovering Statistics Using SPSS by Andy Field (published by Sage) is a very good guide, but it only goes up to SPSS12 (for the main applications, I don't think the latest version SPSS15 is actually significantly different). It explains the statistical theory as well as the SPSS input and output.

I've heard favourable reports of SPSS Made Simple by Paul Kinnear and Colin Gray, and I note from Amazon.co.uk that a new edition covering SPSS15 is just about to come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭dh2007

I like Julie Pallant's SPSS Survival Manual. If you like you can PM me the output and I'll give interpreting it a go.

DH

Advertisement