Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doggie Poop Bags

Options
  • 27-06-2007 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I can't find anything in the search on this....does anyone know where to get decent dog poop bags. I'm just talking about little plastic bags preferably with these qualities:

1) There's more than 20 in a pack. I've seen some with 200, but I can't find them now.

2) They're not tiny bags....ones suitable for a medium sized dog.

3) Biodegradable? Paper?

4) Fairly cheap.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

Plastic "fragranced nappy bags". 100 for 99c in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I use alio food bags from Aldi. 125 per pack. Less than 1.- € (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Do the plastic ones (pedal bin ones I use) preserve the sh*te for years? If the crap was swept under a bush or where kids couldn't get at it, would it just degrade?

I have a fear of my finger going through paper ones.

Just to note, I pick up my dog sh*te, even if I have to crawl under a bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

I dont pick it up everywhere... Say for example up a mountain if they do it 'off track'... I'd rather let it decompose naturally where it wont do any harm than put it plastic and into a landfill.. Naturally I do pick up in any public place (unlike most dog owners in Dublin 8 it would seem)
    I use the black plastic ones from tesco, but would also be interested in a biodegradable version..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

fits wrote:
    Say for example up a mountain if they do it 'off track'... I'd rather let it decompose naturally

Yeah, I'm with you on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

My friend recommended to me the perfumed nappy bags for dog poop. But I bought a pooper scooper there in my local pet store in waterford which had poop bags. I'm not sure how many or if they are biodegradeable. Maybe search online pet stores and see what brands fit what you need and enquire in your local pet stores. there are some on http://www.pet-bliss.com scented in rolls of 40 but not sure if any bar the paper/cardboard ones are biodegradeable. Let me know if ye find some. I've a GSD and even at 5 months her poop is big! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I think the county council give out pooper scoopers for free. They may be made of paper.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I think the county council give out pooper scoopers for free. They may be made of paper.

Yeah, Fingal County Council do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jilly21

Woodies stores do the bidegradable, i dont think they are extremealy cheap, but they were not that expensive and i am sure they have more than 20 bags, you should go and check it out

Advertisement