Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacement Ariel mast

Options
  • 27-06-2007 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

Bought a import Toyota Caldina (Carina Estate) The ariel is on the NS rear panel above the wheel. Ariel is snapped, cant be arsed wiring in a new one the whole length of the car. Anyone know where I can buy a new mast for it ?
    It is telescopic ,I had a look and a new mast would do the job, Tried several m factors, no joy. Or could I just buy an ariel and cut the new wire and join it to the original wire that goes to the radio. This is urgent as at the moment I can only get RTE 1 And Rna G !!:( . Thanks Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 padir_de_roiste

depends on two things.. ...

one if the aerial is electric then a replacement mast is available for arouns
    €40-50 euro ....... but if not then an opel astra hatch -> 98 aerial for around thirty yo yos is the way to go... . . . .

as for joining the cable its not recomended but if you must make sure all strands are joined on the outer ring and innner and that they dont touch... an ohm meter will insure this for you...

hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭intheknow

it is electric, any idea who does the masts, thanks for reply.....

Advertisement