Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to subscribe and S&S

Options
  • 27-06-2007 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭

Hi. I want to subscribe to Boards and have a creditcard (well, it's my boyfriend's but we both use it) but can't use PayPal currently (due to some scammer on eBay sending me an unsolicited amount of money for something I was selling via a card they had stolen- long story) as my account is frozen while PayPal investigate the other user.

I want to get access to Sex and Sexuality but can't without subscribing.

My questions-

1) Is there anyway I can subscribe, using my Visa card, without going through PayPal?

2) Can I get access to Sex and Sexuality some other way? I am (well) over 18 and should be able to prove I'm not a minor. Can Mods/Admin give access to non-subscribers in my situation? If they can, I promise to click on at least one ad on the Boards homepage per day. :D
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The only way to subscribe is via Paypal as far as I know. Contact one of the S&S moderators, Thaedydal, Talliesin, tSubh Dearg or gandalf (cat. mod, meow) and they might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

PM user Ruggiebear. Think he helped someone somehow before.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's really, really not worth it.

Subscribe by all means, but the option of large custom avatars should do more for your libido than the tales of geeks and their sex lives found in the S&S forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Subscribe by all means, but the option of large custom avatars should do more for your libido than the tales of geeks and their sex lives found in the S&S forum.

This man speaks sense !

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I will give anyone access to that forum who can demonstrate to me that they're of a suitable age such that we're not going to end up in a tabloid with a silly headline. Users have been granted access without subscribing on that basis before by some mods I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

ecksor wrote:
    I will give anyone access to that forum who can demonstrate to me that they're of a suitable age
    /ducks and covers before the deluge begins.

That's fair. Might liven the place up a bit :)

There will only be a deluge if lots of people can easily prove their age.

I will let you in if you promise not to send that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

ecksor wrote:
    I will give anyone access to that forum who can demonstrate to me that they're of a suitable age

I have pubes.

If I send you a MMS of them, will you let me in?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Christ, you really don't want people to read about the freaky shit you get up too!

Everyone subscribe, its worth it just to read how monkeyfuge got himself out of a sticky situation with a welsh transvestite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

ecksor wrote:
    There will only be a deluge if lots of people can easily prove their age.

I can easily prove my age...... may i have a peak ? :eek:

6th wrote:
    Christ, you really don't want people to read about the freaky shit you get up too!

Everyone subscribe, its worth it just to read how monkeyfuge got himself out of a sticky situation with a welsh transvestite.
    I know that was just you with some saran wrap putting on a Welsh accent that you probably learned from Anti.

6thwrap.jpg

..... it was only a matter of time before that picture made an appearance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

My god have can I unremember that picture !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I'm starting to understand where the Paranormal forum gets its name from, not to mention the mentality behind some of its members...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Spankeh will require advance notice before 6th visits his sister so that Spankeh can run as far away as he can possibly can away from THAT YOKE UP THERE ^^^^^^^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If ever there existed an opposite of *fap*, it's that picture right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Wow...

thats it im done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Doodee wrote:
    Wow...

thats it im done.
    Blairingly obvious!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Hobart wrote:
    Blairingly obvious!!!

*Shakes Head*

back to AH with you

• Advertisement

Ok, I posted "If anyone can demonstrate to me" and yet now people are pestering the S&S mods who probably have enough to be doing already.

Read what I wrote before you go PMing people for access.

Also, before you PM me, ask yourself "Will this convince a very sceptical person, or will I just make him cranky by timewasting?" PMs of the form "I'm 18, honest. No really" won't be pleasing. Something along the lines of "Yeah, remember the time you met me in a pub and I had a long grey beard?" is the sort of thing I'm getting at. On the other hand, any ingenius Internet based schemes will be read with great interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Doodee wrote:
    *Shakes Head*

back to AH with you
    2 EZ

You could have something like the series of questions used at the beginning of the original Leisure Suit Larry game to determine if a person was old enough.

I'll let you in on a secret Spankeh ... thats not really me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

6th wrote:
    I'll let you in on a secret Spankeh ... thats not really me ;)

Yes it is, I've met you in Real Life and I have a photogenic memory.

Though, thankfully, you weren't wearing the above attire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Cheeky ****ers !

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

That pic bears a striking resemblance to Captain Chaos in the cannonball run.

Can someone please make it go away?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

*Engaging repression mode*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

KtK wrote:
    That pic bears a striking resemblance to Captain Chaos in the cannonball run.

Can someone please make it go away?

NEVER FEAR JJ! HIM IS HERE!

• Advertisement
Advertisement