Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com missing game question

Options
  • 27-06-2007 6:41pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I ordered Command & Conquer 3 for the XBOX 360 about a month ago. A few days ago as I hadn't received it and i'd waited the appropriate length of time I reported it lost in transit. Play checked into it and have a new game on the way. Today a packet from play arrived marked "Mail Trace". Sweet I thought. Two games for the price of one! Opening the pack and it's that new mario game for the wii.

Debating on whether to keep quiet and sell the wii game, or post it back. Anyone know can they tell if I've actuall received it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

They're trusting you tell the truth, they have no way of proving if Án Post ever delivered it or not.
    It's all down to whether your conscience is alright with keeping it really...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Con-science? *googles word* Ahhhhh...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

If you signed for the package, then they can check with the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Play don't send stuff registered so you generally don't have to sign for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

sell it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Post it back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Give it back. Karma rules all.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Tried an email response, that email inbox isn't monitored and I got a bounce back. I tried to call them on both the outside uk number and the uk number. Wouldn't work from my office phone even though all UK numbers are fine. The gods say I flog it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This happened me before and as much as I intended on sending it back, I just was not arsed...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Stephen wrote:
    Play don't send stuff registered so you generally don't have to sign for it.

That is the general rule alright however I have ordered some boxsets like Millenium and Neon Genesis which cost approx €100 each.
    On both occassions they were sent by registered post and had to be signed for.
    MarkR wrote:
    Tried an email response, that email inbox isn't monitored and I got a bounce back

If you really want to get through to a human you can reach Play with this email address privacy@play.com

This queue is monitored and you will receive a reply.

The address info@play.com is an automated email account for outward mails only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You tried your best. Keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Happened me before, they sent out a new one

But i sent it back :)

As if we all took advantage like that they may become like CD Wow and just screw us instead of sending replacements to those who really need it :o

Advertisement