Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 predictions.

Options
  • 27-06-2007 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

E3 is coming up. What are your predictions?
    Mine are:
    1.Microsoft will announce the Elite coming to Europe.
    2.PSP "Lite" announcement.
    3.Dates for SSBros. Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart Wii.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I try not to predict content from games conferences/showcases as i'm usually disappointed.

I will say that Nintendo are going to drop some bombshells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Info/Teasers on...

Halo3.
    Metal Gear Solid 4.
    Super Smash Brothers.

GTAIV.

What do I win?

Microsoft; might ****e on about some stupid Live Anywhere movement, then tell us how many more exclusives they have and perhaps announce a biggie (or a big title being shared). For the most part, I think they will talk games.

Sony; Home, littleBigPlanet, "please don't leave us, we've got something coming eventually, we promise". Oh, Riiiiiiidddddddggggggeeeeeeee Raaaaaacer + giant enemy crabs.

Nintendo; For the love of christ, they better have some new 3rd party support. Maybe confirm their fix for the ridiculous online friends system. 1,000,000 new DS games coming next year.

TBH, I think I want the old E3 back, hopefully this mini-E3 will be decent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Info/Teasers on...

Halo3.
    Metal Gear Solid 4.
    Super Smash Brothers.

GTAIV.

What do I win?

Microsoft; might ****e on about some stupid Live Anywhere movement, then tell us how many more exclusives they have and perhaps announce a biggie (or a big title being shared). For the most part, I think they will talk games.

Sony; Home, littleBigPlanet, "please don't leave us, we've got something coming eventually, we promise". Oh, Riiiiiiidddddddggggggeeeeeeee Raaaaaacer + giant enemy crabs.

Nintendo; For the love of christ, they better have some new 3rd party support. Maybe confirm their fix for the ridiculous online friends system. 1,000,000 new DS games coming next year.

TBH, I think I want the old E3 back, hopefully this mini-E3 will be decent though.
    haha, you sir win a gold star for your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

i predict........it will suck

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ID to blow everything away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A decent PS3 game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Very little, this being the first subdued E3.
    Hopefully some good gameplay footage of GTAIV, Alan Wake etc..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Very little, this being the first subdued E3.
    Hopefully some good gameplay footage of GTAIV, Alan Wake etc..

Was just going to say something around the lines of what s/he said ^. And hopefully more of a focus on games now that this generation is all out etc.

Personal predictions: Me not being there for the first time in four years (I feel old), unless a somebody really feels like they want to pay for flights... I think I'll rather try my chances on the Euro Millions...

I will be very disappointed if I dont see Killzone 2 or a new MGS4 trailer. And even though I dont have an xbox I want to see more of Alan Wake. That seems to have slipped off everyones radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

My prediction is Sony will do backflips to dominate E3 but they will still for the most part recieve a cold reception despite showing promise.

Microsoft will push its catalogue and its future games, and probably give a bit of footage of single player Halo 3.

Nintendo will probably p*ss alot of people off because they will play it as buisness as usual, few trailers, some playable demos, but nothing *new*

They'll save that for spaceworld because it will be closer to the release dates of its big games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

i think nintendo will either go on about "wiiware" or give a a possible trailer on a really big title we havent seen yet possibly animal crossing wii?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Some cool footage of MGS3

The New Unreal Tournament and Crysis to be big showstoppers

Some hot chicks in skimpy outfits parading around advertising

GAT4 multiplayer ?

More hot girls

And ...i'd be happy with just a load of hot girls....get in there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I wanna see something on Wii: Music.

We have sports and play, I want Music!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Duke Nukem 4!!!!!!!!!! has been further delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

madrab wrote:
    Duke Nukem 4!!!!!!!!!! has been further delayed

It will be out when its done...

Id love to see a bit from either the star trek firefly or stargate mmrpg.
    ive never played one and im waiting for those 3 to come out sounds better than that warcraft stuff.

Id like to have an announcement on KOTOR 3 but apparently we wont be told about that till after the release of Mass Effect.

There is no other real games camming out that i can think off, havent heard of anything. i lost interest in gta when they started to **** up the pc releases so im not going near the 4th one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I will be very disappointed if I dont see Killzone 2 or a new MGS4 trailer

but killzone 1?
    sucked before?
    what make you think we want more?:p :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98qC0fd_1w

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some sick and wrong people actually enjoyed the dull generics of Killzone. I still don't see how there are people looking forward to a sequel.

I liked Killzone. I played Halo and was not impressed. Most overhyped game ever. Each to their own is what I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    My prediction is Sony will do backflips to dominate E3 but they will still for the most part recieve a cold reception despite showing promise.

They received a very warm reception at their last two events so I think if they make a similar effort here it will go down well.

We know Killzone 2 will be shown. Sony has sent out invites for a dedicated Killzone event the day before their press conference, it will likely be their big unveiling. I expect we'll see more on the rest of this year's lineup, more on LittleBigPlanet in particular. We'll probably see GT5 Prologue and the rumoured Wipeout HD. I'm hoping we see the next Getaway title there also, and downloadable eyetoy games. I think they'll probably announce a new rumble-enabled controller for release by the end of the year, and media download/streaming services for PS3 (i.e. movies, video, music etc.)

From Nintendo, I expect a new Galaxy demo, a strong push for MP3 and perhaps a new Zelda unveiling. Probably a new series of casual games ala Touch Generations, but for Wii.

From MS, I expect them to shout loudly about GTA4 downloadables, Halo3 Single Player, and probably firm up release dates on Mass Effect and Too Human. I think they'll announce a new peripheral, or peripheral-based game ala Buzz or more stuff for their camera ala eyetoy.

A rumble enabled controller might be announced and would be cool but I dont think they will bring one out any time soon. They probably have too many of the standard sixaxis controllers out in the shops and releasing a new controller so soon after launch is definately not sony's style unfortunately. That would be admitting that they screwed up with the original sixaxis and they wont do that. They will probably wait till next year.

• Advertisement

For what it's worth, links to Microsoft's and Sony's E3 websites:

http://www.us.playstation.com/e32007/

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/e32007/

Neither gives too much away, by way of surprises, but try clicking the trains on the playstation one :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

They received a very warm reception at their last two events so I think if they make a similar effort here it will go down well.

I know they recieved a warm welcome for little big planet and Home but whats the other event that they recieved a warm welcome for?

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    I know they recieved a warm welcome for little big planet and Home but whats the other event that they recieved a warm welcome for?

Their Gamers Day event in April. Judging by coverage, most seemed quite impressed by what they were showing there.

Advertisement