Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch

Options
  • 27-06-2007 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Does anyone know what stage the neighbourhood watch plans are at? I know a guy from the grove/park residents committee called at the door ages ago and I signed up for it, gave my email address etc.... but have not heard anything more about it or know what it would involve.

The reason I ask is that there was someone in my back garden! I live in the Grove in a 2 bed townhouse - so its mid-terrace. My house is in the middle of the terrace and there is a row of houses behind me, so you can imagine my surprise when I discovered that someone had been looking in my windows - their face left a mark on the window which I had just cleaned! I live on my own so it is quite worrying. I always set the alarm when I go out and before I go to bed. Over the last few months the alarm has gone off about 4 times giving the patio door as the problem. Waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of an alarm is annoying, but when its your own its terrifying (this has now happened twice). My own neighbours don't have kids old enough to be jumping fences so I don't think it was kids - and besides the marks were too high for kids. Has anyone else noiced anything strange?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Did you call the gardai?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 matti

No, there's nothing that they can do about it anyway... no real crime was committed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Wrong! You should always tell tem.

They explained to me (similar situation) that they should alway be told. For all you know they arrested the same individual later that night for something much more serious. Placing him at your place could be very important, in which case they might take prints.

I have been very suprised to see the gardai dust for prints after what seems like a very minor crime.

Let the gardai decide if what you are saying is a waste of time or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

fishdog wrote:
    Wrong! You should always tell tem.

They explained to me (similar situation) that they should alway be told. For all you know they arrested the same individual later that night for something much more serious. Placing him at your place could be very important, in which case they might take prints.

I have been very suprised to see the gardai dust for prints after what seems like a very minor crime.

Let the gardai decide if what you are saying is a waste of time or not.

Go Horatio Kane!

Advertisement