Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of RaboDirect questions.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Folks, if you have a problem with a post, report it. Don't feed the under-bridge residents.

Stepbar, please clarify..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

5% on € 10,000 over 6 months ie year's end is approx € 250.00, less DIRT (min 20%) takes it down to € € 200.00.

What I cannot understand is all the yackety yak over this blow in banks v Irish banks, sure the former might offer a better rate but it's sad to see so much said over a potential variance of perhaps < € 100.00 for investing € 10k over 6 months. There are much better ways to make money.

Some people need to get out more, and do more with their lives and money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

a lot of the general public are risk averse and are not interested and/or don't understand more complex financial products. A lot just want the best return on their money via a deposit account. Also in this age of high inflation and mass home ownership many people do not have much more than 10k to deposit

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I dunno - if Bank A gives 1.25% and Bank B gives 5% it makes sense to go to Bank B. It makes no odds if Bank A is "Irish" or if bank B is "foreign" - the easy solution is for Bank A to also offer that rate with the same conditions i.e no maximum monthly amount (that is the killer with the main banks from what i can see), no limits on withdrawals (not as important tbh), ability to lodge directly and not through a feeder account.

I'm pretty sure we've gone through this before though so let's not re-hash it.

• Advertisement

I've trimmed a couple of posts from this thread to here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055124023

stepbar - no more attitude on this forum. As it's Friday night, I'm going to be nice, but let this be a (final) warning.

parsi - you've been round long enough to know that making jibes isn't worth the effort.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Sorry Boss /hangs head in sheepish fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Buffybot, I would suggest moving to TCN so. As per my PM, I'd be happy to fire ahead and comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

stepbar (& mods), I would genuinely like to read a reasoned presentation of your issues with RaboDirect. I have a good deal of money with them so if there are problems I'd like to hear about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

investing € 10k over 6 months. There are much better ways to make money.

This is savings. There's a difference between savings & investments. That's why there are 2 different words for them (apart from the beautiful richness of the English language) :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I have a rabo account the last few months but no intrest has been added. When does the intrest get added to my account?

At the end of every year (normally in/around the 31st of December)

You can check how much you've accrued to date on their site though.

Advertisement