Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

STOP! 0x0000007F

• 27-06-2007 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭

I recently got skyDSL and while I am online, especially if I have been on for a long time or am downloading a large file or watching streaming video, the screen turns blue (see attached screen capture) and I get the error message "STOP! 0x0000007F".
    My machine (a laptop) then reboots.
    I presume it is an out of memory error (I have a gig of RAM) as if I download a large file and do nothing else, it doesn't happen.
    I am about to get a new Dell desktop with 4 GB of RAM so I am hoping I will not have this problem with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Have a look through here and see if there is anything there that might be the issue. Test your RAM with memtest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, it's nothing to do with the amount of memory you have. Because Windows does your memory management, you can't really "run out".

Have a look here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822789
    And try the resolution suggested.

Since you only see it when doing a lot of downloading, it may also be a problem with the drivers for the skyDSL modem. Have a look and see if there are any updated drivers for your modem.

You probably won't have the problem with the Dell machine, but's that would be because it's a new machine with the latest software, as opposed to having more RAM :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

lukin wrote:
    I recently got skyDSL and while I am online, especially if I have been on for a long time or am downloading a large file or watching streaming video, the screen turns blue (see attached screen capture) and I get the error message "STOP! 0x0000007F".
    My machine (a laptop) then reboots.
    I presume it is an out of memory error (I have a gig of RAM) as if I download a large file and do nothing else, it doesn't happen.
    I am about to get a new Dell desktop with 4 GB of RAM so I am hoping I will not have this problem with it?

it could be a faulty driver possibly conflicting with a firewall or anti-virus scanner..could indeed also be a malicious driver poorly written.

there should be DMP (dump) files in %systemroot%\minidump by default..which used with windbg can pinpoint exactly where the error executed, and in what driver module.

you see this in control panel -> system -> advanced -> settings

error_reporting.JPG

check SYSTEM in event viewer in administrative tools, also in the control panel.

i doubt you've run out of memory.. even if you only had 256mb ram, any demand for more would be paged, virtual memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭lukin

Memtest came back with no errors (I let it run until it reached 100%) and I downloaded a few debuggers but some of them wouldn't install because they weren't the right one for my processor (it's an AMD Turion).
    One installed OK but when I ran it on the dump file it returned an error that a google search said the debugger was for Windows 2000.
    Does anyone know a site where I can find the correct debugger for my processor? The Intel ones are easy to find but not AMD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Completely OT: Did anyone else think "HAMMERTIME!" when they saw the title of this thread? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Stephen wrote:
    Completely OT: Did anyone else think "HAMMERTIME!" when they saw the title of this thread? :D
    you weren't the only one :p

Advertisement