Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does the Voda 3g usb modem work through GPRS?

• 27-06-2007 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

As per title, as I brought one and have not yet got home ot use it. I don't live in 3G coverage yet, but the network is now only 3 miles from my house, it should be soon. But, will it still work through the GPRS network? if so, what speed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Yes. Regular GPRS will be comparable to a 56k modem. EDGE will be 120-200kbps average. Since Vodafone don't have EDGE deployed, you will be stuck at dial-up speeds while you're not on their 3G network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Do you think Vodafone will ever deploy EDGE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Do you think Vodafone will ever deploy EDGE?

Never say never, however their stated policy has been to skip EDGE and go straight to 3G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Phil01

I use a vodafone connect card its not usb, i plug mine into the pcmia slot... it has a profile for both gprs and 3g... the speed for gprs is about dial up seed!! Try get sattelite broadband... would be much better!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Phil01 wrote:
    Try get sattelite broadband... would be much better!!!

i would, but the prices are INSANE!

• Advertisement
Advertisement