Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Free Rules of The Road book?

Options
  • 27-06-2007 9:12pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I seem to remember before the election Gaybo or someone harping on about the new Rules of The Road book been sent to every home in Ireland free of charge...what's happened with that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

it's online somewhere
    oasis.gov or whatever it's called now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

€4 in all good bookshops.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I had heard that too but decided just to buy it. €4 isn't that much and I can't be bothered waiting to see if I get one for free..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Karyn wrote:
    I had heard that too but decided just to buy it. €4 isn't that much and I can't be bothered waiting to see if I get one for free..

Yeh that's what I did myself, but I just out of curiousity wanted to know what happened with it.

In case anybody wants the online PDF version, here's the link from the RSA website:

http://www.rsa.ie/publication/publication/upload/017024-RoTR2nd.pdf [25 MiB]

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

i recently heard that as a result of printing issues this will be delayed

Dont hold your breathe and buy one yourself....in this country delayed could end up meaning never going to happen!
    :L

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

They're waiting for the underground DART to be completed so they can have it in the finished draft. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Yeh that's what I did myself, but I just out of curiousity wanted to know what happened with it.

In case anybody wants the online PDF version, here's the link from the RSA website:

http://www.rsa.ie/publication/publication/upload/017024-RoTR2nd.pdf [25 MiB]

Thanks very much!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

joe robot wrote:
    Thanks very much!! :)
    :confused: The online version has been available on a sticky on this forum since last March!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

zabbo wrote:
    it's online somewhere
    oasis.gov or whatever it's called now.
    €4 in all good bookshops.
    I know its online and in the shops but Graybo did promise it and the excuse that there are printing issues sounds like rubbish. The Govt were able to send out a white paper on foreign policy or something recently and all the election candidates were able to get their lies printed and distributed, so why ecxactly can't the RSA?
    The RSA have an uphill battle trying to sort out the mess on our roads and delaying something like this is not good. Most people will not download or buy a copy of the ROTR but tey still need to read them which is why I believe that its imperative that these be sent out to everyone (not just licenceholders) ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

:confused: The online version has been available on a sticky on this forum since last March!

So it has...oh well. I've downloaded it now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Yep and in fact is only one fifth of the size (5 MiB compared to 25 MiB) of the one I linked to, but still the same content.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

kbannon wrote:
    I know its online and in the shops but Graybo did promise it and the excuse that there are printing issues sounds like rubbish. The Govt were able to send out a white paper on foreign policy or something recently and all the election candidates were able to get their lies printed and distributed, so why ecxactly can't the RSA?
    The RSA have an uphill battle trying to sort out the mess on our roads and delaying something like this is not good. Most people will not download or buy a copy of the ROTR but tey still need to read them which is why I believe that its imperative that these be sent out to everyone (not just licenceholders) ASAP.

While some simply wouldn't think of looking online or in shops, many others simply couldn't be bothered. How many copies do you think will actually be read by drivers with full licences, even if they do land on their doorsteps?

It'd be useful for every house to have one as a reference point, no doubt, but the ones that need to read it most are the ones that'll be the first to throw it in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

flogen wrote:
    It'd be useful for every house to have one as a reference point, no doubt, but the ones that need to read it most are the ones that'll be the first to throw it in the bin.
    Make it mandatory to have one in your vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

yeah great idea. people could read it whilst driving in slow moving traffic!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Well I've just stuck my head outside into the porch to check the post before leaving the house. As well as a few letters, there was a new Golden Pages, a new Phone Book and one copy of Rules of the Road!

Seems like they've finally got their finger out and distributing them (at least here in Lucan)

Cheers,
    Rich

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

i got a free one, three days after buying one!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Got mine in the post on wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Hurrah for safer driving

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

yeah i got one for free just today as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

got mine just there yesterday....didnt expect them to actualy come true on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

We got ours today, It's a thank you Govy from me :o

Advertisement