Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 broadband

Options
  • 27-06-2007 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

They are releasing this on the 2nd July. Had a demo of it on tuesday in cork city, got a download speed of 2.59mb/sec, and an upload of 330kb/sec.

believe their cap will be the same as 3's though knowing o2 will be more expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

They are releasing this on the 2nd July. Had a demo of it on tuesday in cork city, got a download speed of 2.59mb/sec, and an upload of 330kb/sec.

believe their cap will be the same as 3's though knowing o2 will be more expensive.

Any source for this. Not mentioned on there site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It has been 'flagged' extensively on Boards in the past while by those in the know. It may be as much as €30 a month if you already have postpaid o2 .

Sponge Bob wrote:
    It has been 'flagged' extensively on Boards in the past while by those in the know. It may be as much as €30 a month if you already have postpaid o2 .
    Kool! My old man's on an o2 bill phone. Signal should be much better than 3, or perhaps not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

was talking to 02 CS today, it being launched on July 9th, €30 for 6gb if you are a bill account

Why would they offer less for more? When 3 came out with there offer my hope was that voda or o2 would equal or better 3 but i guess its not to be...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 jimmy2shoes

was originally going to be a 6gb cap, this changed when 3 released their current offer, will be 10gb now. and as someone said will cost \0€30 if you have or take out a new contract with o2. saw someone who knows nothing about computers set it up from opening the box to surfing the internet in 7.5 minutes. no drivers which if anyone used 02 connection manager will know is a god send.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

saw someone who knows nothing about computers set it up from opening the box to surfing the internet in 7.5 minutes. no drivers which if anyone used 02 connection manager will know is a god send.

Ok so its ethernet then?
    If its USB it needs drivers to work, doesn't matter if XP or Vista has them as part of the OS it still requires drivers if its USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Cabaal wrote:
    Ok so its ethernet then?
    If its USB it needs drivers to work, doesn't matter if XP or Vista has them as part of the OS it still requires drivers if its USB.

I'd bet its USB just like 3G. I have the 3G my self here in waterford im still trying it out its all right but maybe o2 will be better i wish i knew.

Someone sent me a 02 link here to check out my area to c if it was covered by 02 and that link showed me that i was not. That is why i did not wait around and just ordered 3G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 jimmy2shoes

its a usb and there is no cd driver with the unit. in actual fact the cable has 2 usb sockets on it, so if you have a lap top with an old usb 1 connection you can use both to get it running, though this will obviously use 2 usb ports.

its a usb and there is no cd driver with the unit. in actual fact the cable has 2 usb sockets on it, so if you have a lap top with an old usb 1 connection you can use both to get it running, though this will obviously use 2 usb ports.

Same as mine then, you plug it in and it installs its self. I did not need any cd either. Computer detects the driver needed and installs.

My cable also has two USB ports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Sorry ? Bit of a misconception here. The second USB port will not pass data. It's for a chance of getting the unit to work with low powered USB ports, ie. to get a second power source to the unit, NOT data.

/Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

These USB Modems all come with the drivers stored on the modem itself ( like a usb key ).

When you insert it appears as a drive, and autoruns the installer, which then installs the modem part, the drivers are not in the OS. This is the same with either 3 or Vodafone who both use that modem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Just to confirm that it uses the same Huawei USB modem that Vodafone and 3 use and all the software and drivers are self contained on it. I have had one on trial for a few months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

are the mobile phone signal and the bb HSDPA signal separate??

i mean if the o2 phone signal is strong in a certain area that doesn't mean their bb signal will be good too??

philstar wrote:
    are the mobile phone signal and the bb HSDPA signal separate??

i mean if the o2 phone signal is strong in a certain area that doesn't mean their bb signal will be good too??

Yeah i have a good o2 singal were i am at the moment. Does it mean 02 BB will be good ? It be nice to know.

Advertisement