Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyones Eircom....get "Good" all of a sudden??

Options
  • 27-06-2007 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Bit fishy this...

I've had problems with my connection for a couple of months. (uploads of 5kb with a 2mb line)

I've delt with 4 different people over the "tech support" line.

3 Indian, 1 Irish

3 indians kept escalating the case, saying it was spyware, the problem was at my end...bull**** basically.

Rang eircom yesterday...talking to an Irish fella named John. Before he got down to the whole "can i have your name and tel no...", I explained the lot to him. Told him the other guys were ****in useless. He agreed. He said he'd personally take my case and said he'd get it sorted.

tested my connection this morning. Uploading was perfect. Download perfect. Broadband perfect.

After being told numerous times that my connection was ****ed...it wasn't. Eircom were to blame and yer man knew it.

This has happened one other time with eircom..last summer. Same thing. Indians telling me that it was my problem and that eircom didn't give a ****. Just leavin ya hangin. Spoke to an Irish employee...and the thing was sorted.

I'm not being racist here, but Eircom, employee the people who can do the job and speak the ****in language at least.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

although i think its a sensitive subject, some of what your saying is right.
    everytime we ring eircom asking when broadband is coming to our area, if a forgign person answeres the phone they will say next month, while a person with a non-forgien accent will tell the truth[we're not even on any list of exhanges to be upgraded] and say its not likely we will get it ,at least in the next few years

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

BB support (and alot of eircom support) has been farmed out to a call centre in Bangalore. Lets face it you're not going to get many irish people answering the phone out there. They operate from a script and know FA about the situation on the ground.so they are only going to tell you what eircom want them to tell you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I did suggest a way to deal with this about four years back

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=802563&postcount=8

"Faigh Duine Éigeann le Gaeilge Dom Le'd Thoil"

Now if everybody keeps doing this they will have to respond to the customer .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

kaizersoze wrote:
    They operate from a script and know FA about the situation on the ground.so they are only going to tell you what eircom want them to tell you.

I've heard this one before:rolleyes: My friends brother worked in eircom technical support for over six months and he said it was not a script they read, they got training on eircom hard-ware and applications.

Anyone who has or does work for an ISP like to clear the above up?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I've heard this one before:rolleyes: My friends brother worked in eircom technical support for over six months and he said it was not a script they read, they got training on eircom hard-ware and applications.

Surely its the sales people that should be answering questions about the availability of bb and not the technical support?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Butters IRL

yeah I worked for an ISP and you do 6 weeks of training in troubleshooting and customer service training before being let on the phones.

we did the UK support for 9am to 9pm and then bangalore took over, then in the morning lots of UK people rang into complain about the indian people.

I worked with a few indian and pakistani people there and some were good agents while others had really bad english (but the same culd be said for some of the Irish people !)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

yeah I worked for an ISP and you do 6 weeks of training in troubleshooting and customer service training before being let on the phones.

we did the UK support for 9am to 9pm and then bangalore took over, then in the morning lots of UK people rang into complain about the indian people.

I worked with a few indian and pakistani people there and some were good agents while others had really bad english (but the same culd be said for some of the Irish people !)

Indeed, one has only to read boards!

Advertisement