Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freezing cooked food?

• 27-06-2007 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey
    I cook about 1 lasagna a week cos i like it and cook it just the way i like it.
    The only problem is that some times i won't eat all of it and this time want to try and perhaps freeze half off it. At what point can i put it into the freezer?

Should i wait for the lasagna to cool down or can i put it in hot/warm?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

wait until it cools down
    do not put it in the freezer when its still warm

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

Grand! Thanks for that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

On that note.

I do the same kind of thing, but with a wider range of meals. Curries and the like.

I use Chicken, Turkey, Beef mostly.

Is it ok to freeze a cooked meal, after it has cooled down, if the meat that was used was previously frozen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've made curries & stews with meat that had been frozen & then froze the dinners. I've not been poisoned yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

That's fine, seansouth. I wouldn't go re-freezing frozen cooked food though, if you get what I mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I always make curries/spag bol's etc using meat that has been defrosted and then freeze them in there cooked state. I'm still alive too. However once the curry (or whatever) has defrosted, it cannot be frozen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

seansouth wrote:
    Is it ok to freeze a cooked meal, after it has cooled down, if the meat that was used was previously frozen?

Short answer - yes, its fine.

Advertisement