Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zoom/Pan while recording ...

• 27-06-2007 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Does anyone know of any video editing applications that allow you zoom and/or pan while recording? The majority of video editing applications allow you to do this but will not record the resulting zoomed or panned display.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

Not sure what your trying to say? A video camera can both zoom or pan while it is recording. After the footage has been digitized most professional editing applications can resize the footage, i.e. zoom in or out. the Apple application, Color, can do a pan and scan on footage. Or are you talking about "on the fly editing"? Are you broadcasting something live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Hiro

Hiya MLM.
    Your right, I'll try my best to be a bit clearer.
    Basically I've got some raw footage which I want to edit. What I'm looking for is a video editing application that will allow me to zoom in and/or pan on certain shoots whilst recording. The applications I seen so far allow you to zoom/pan while recording but don't actually record the displayed shoot - they record the original footage even though you see a zoomed/panned view.

Thanks for reading and replying - much appreciated. I hope my post is a bit clear this time round!

Hiro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

While you're recording???? I'm confused, but an editing application won't allow for zooming on live incoming footage, it'd be a render job to process the effect. What you need is almost like a Vision Mixer to some on the live footage. It's not a common thing to need to do. And you're still not being all that clear :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

What software have you been using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

his/her use of the word "recording" does make the post complicated to understand. It's probably a case of him/her not understanding keyframeing for the the relevant effects s/he's been using. As MLM asked, what software have you been using?

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    I'll try again. I am not recording anything live. Simply put, I have already recorded everything I need - lets call these items raw footage for the want of a better term (I'm sorry if there is an actual technical term for this - I don't know what it is). I'm using the raw footage as input to produce a finished edited video. What I would like to do as part of the editing process is to included zoomed portions of some of the raw footage. Is this possible without re-recording the raw footage? I'm using Video studio 7 for my editing.

Hiro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

ah! now that post makes _alot_ more sense. Well i'm not familiar with VS7. But a quick google will show that VS7 doesn't have a pan & zoom effect. That was added as of VS9. But have a look at this page as to how you can fake that effect using the cropping filter (note: you may have to download some filter pack from the ulead website).

Hope that helps.

Hi guys,
    Thank you very much for taking time to read and answer my post - much appreciated. Sorry about not being too clear at the start!

Thanks for the help!
    Hiro

Advertisement