Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soldier of Fortune 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's not being developed by Raven so maybe, just maybe, it will be a decent game that isn't devoid of anything original or decent level design and doesn't rely on a pathetically over the top gore mode to at least make it appeal to impressionable teens and people who should know better.I still haven't played a Raven game since Hexen that I couldn't describe as anything more than soulless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ohhh goody, used to love SoF2. Hopefully they can maintain the great multiplayer it had (which had good level design IMO). SP was decent enough, the ending was horrible though, I still laugh at it to this day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didnt Raven do Quake 4, which alot of people seemed to think was quite good? And also Elite Forces and Jedi Academy, which i loved.

As for SOF3, as long as i can shoot someone in the croch again with a shotgun, and go an a crazy knife throwing killing spree in multiplayer again, i'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Multiplayer SoF2 was brilliant. The grenades blowing someones feet off was one of the highlights. Not to mention the countless sleepless nights playing through that office level trying to get the blasted briefcase.

Quake 4 was meh at best imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i loved sof2 multiplayer, shop1 and raven offices been my favourite maps :D good news alround for this :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

The Raven office map + RPG7 = ultra lolzor

Blasting a rocket down the hallway, and praying for some unlucky fool to stick his head out of one of the cubicles. Ah, good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Loved the office! Heads would be popping left right and center. Grenades were brilliant, no game has matched them since. Knifes were a great laugh too. Now I wanna play again.

I just know they are gonna screw up the MP in this new one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I loved sof2 also, just picked up a copy of it again and will be playing through it soon - sof3 is great news, especially loved "The goal, at some point, was to include 36 separation points on each character model" :)

Advertisement