Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Kilbeg?

Options
  • 28-06-2007 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Anyone here have Broadband or know of anyone who has broadband in Kilbeg village (near Carlanstown) ? Digiweb have advised me they can supply wireless service in the area - but i have no idea where the mast is to see if I have line of site...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Net1.ie also supply around Carlanstown. Worth a shout.

Digiweb have a wireless mast on the Spire of Lloyd in Kells (big lighthouse yoke seen from Cavan Road) and knowing the area around Robertstown in Kilbeg, its a decent height over that area, you can see much of Kells.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

If it's Kilbeg, near Straney in Co. Meath, then you're covered by 3 broadband - it should give you speeds of up to 3.6 Megabits. Your closest 3 store is in Navan - pop in there, ask for Aaron and tell him Niall from 3 store in Dundalk sent you. It costs €129 for the USB modem & setup and it's €19.99 a month after that.

Alternatively, Net1 are well worth a try. I'm with them at home and the speed is excellent. I even wrote their site for them ;) - www.net1.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

That is if they get around to taking an order and installing it...

Bard wrote:
    near Straney in Co. Meath,

Sorry for going OT... but where? Never heard of the place. :confused:

Knowing the area around Carlanstown, Kilbeg, and the upper slopes of Ardamagh well, 3 coverage isn't exactly hot.

And I concur about Net1.ie and installing, my sis-in law is waiting more than 6 weeks now...

Bard, you might be able to tell me, are they going to improve 3's coverage around North Meath? Its a huge hole on the new coverage maps....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Net1 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

DMC wrote:
    Sorry for going OT... but where? Never heard of the place. :confused:
    Oh I dunno, just saw it on the map :p
    Bard, you might be able to tell me, are they going to improve 3's coverage around North Meath? Its a huge hole on the new coverage maps....
    Couldn't tell you to be honest, I only work in one of their stores. They're expanding all the time. You could ring them up to find out.

Bard wrote:
    Oh I dunno, just saw it on the map :p

Nay bother dude. :) There are plenty of "little churches" dotted around the country. I once got someone confused with Ballinlough, near Kells, with Ballinlough, in Roscommon! That conversation went on for 15 minutes before one of us asked... are we talking about the same place? Eerie....
    Bard wrote:
    Couldn't tell you to be honest, I only work in one of their stores. They're expanding all the time. You could ring them up to find out.

I rang a couple of months ago, and he said "we're expanding all the time". He said he had better coverage maps than the website had, and it looks as if those maps are now on the website. I'll give them a ring again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

thanks for the info, Just to confirm - it is Kilbeg near Carlanstown, Ardamagh, Nobber, Kilmainhamwood etc.... its roughly in the middle of all those places...

Never heard of Straney.... :) If theres a mast on the spire of loyd i should be ok... must check out that direction with the binoculars next time im up near the chimney :)

Advertisement