Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damp Patch on Wall

Options
  • 28-06-2007 9:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

I've noticed a damp patch on a internal wall could this be rising damp? Would a sealer solve the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Vas Guy

Give us a bit more detail. Is it a studded wall or a support wall plastered. Is there a rad or pipe work in the vacinity, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Vas_Guy

Vas Guy

Give us a bit more detail. Is it a studded wall or a support wall plastered. Is there a rad or pipe work in the vacinity, etc

I had a leak in my bathroom a few years ago and it soaked to the spare room next to it.

I had the room replastered not dry lined soon after that, I never use the room only for storage and there is no radiator in it, the pipes are there.

I saw a large damp patch in the corner of the room which is cold and wet to touch, I check under the carpet and its dry and there is no rotting of the skirting board also there is no leaking gutters outside, etc.

Is not because of the windows as they are new PVC under 1 year old.

Is this rising damp, would drying it out with a heater and applying a good sealer and repaint solve the problem?

Advertisement