Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

K800i giving trouble

• 28-06-2007 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone who has a k800i has problems with the joystick on this phone? I have the unit since february and for the last month or so the joystick tends to not respond. Anyone experience a similar problem to this? If you did how did you fix it? cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Wife is complaining of same problem recently. She has hers since October. Havent looked at it, but she reckons its joystick sometimes and more times said it seems like the menu is unresponsive and suddenly jumps down 3 or 4 items after repeatedly pressing joystick and waiting.

Must have a look at it when she leaves it down for 2 minutes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i've had my k750i for about 2 years now, the joystick gives me awful trouble - somes up, down and right will work, but will get no response from left, and then another day it will be fine. Something that seems to help is to go into the menu screen, and hold the direction that is not responding, after a while it will start to move - then hold it down til it is going at full speed. After i do that, it tends to work fine for a few days, then rinse and repeat kicks in (obviously leaving out the rinse part....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

@Tauren
    The k750 joystick issue was huge worldwide and you can find lots about it on the net. Its a hardware issue.

@Solitaryman666
    Sounds very like herself is describing on her K800 also. Makes me think its software related. Must have a look at it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

my joystick started to pack up after about five months, it was stolen just the day before i was about to return it for repair. seemed more like a hardware issue at the time/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone who has a k800i has problems with the joystick on this phone? I have the unit since february and for the last month or so the joystick tends to not respond. Anyone experience a similar problem to this? If you did how did you fix it? cheers in advance.
    Never a problem with a k800i and I've had two (different colours, not faulty ..).

My mate had some issues though - but they're about a billion times more reliable than the k750i ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

If it's in warranty pop it into the www.mprc.ie centre in Sandyford, it's free if in warranty. Just got my k800i joystick replaced about 2 weeks ago it's never worked better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

From what I hear they improved the joystick on the K800i over the K750i. Sounds like they still give problems from time to time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement