Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mexico Brazil

• 28-06-2007 10:59am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Don't know if any1 is interested but me, but having a mexican wife I'm a fairly fanatical Mexico supporter.

Convincingly beat Brazil 2-0 last night..again. This brings the win record to 4/9 for Mexico with Brazil only winning 1 from the last 9.

Having said that, Ronaldinho was rested due to a slight injury and Dunga is trying to rebuild with a very young and inexperienced team.

Its the first time I've been impressed with Robinho, great at running with the ball although he faded as Mexico took control of the game.

Great goals by Mexico as well - this vid is kinda screwed for me buts its the best i can find

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgAtPiZ70NE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Whatcha think of Anderson?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

I only saw the first half this morning on Sky Sports. Anderson came on 2nd half by all accounts. The long highlights are repeated again at lunch time so hopefully I can get a look at the 2nd half.

Otherwise the highlights are repeated again at 9 2nit which is most likely when I will see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Anderson came on at half time and did quite well imo. But the last 15 minutes or so, Brazil just gave up, not doing much running, strolling around. Shocking to see actually. Fair play to Mexico, two great goals, should have been 3 but Nery Castillo missed an open neter right at the end. He's a great player that Castillo. And considering that Mexico didnt play well in the Gold Cup, this result makes it more surprising.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

Very true, but Mexico never really excel in the Concacaf. I mean, their only real opposition is the US... hardly good motivation.

The power type (English) game that the US tends to play never suits them. Mexico tend to do better against the more flamboyant teams from South American.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

FatherTed wrote:
    should have been 3 but Nery Castillo missed an open neter right at the end.

Really astonishing miss after doing all the work. People should look out for it if they see the highlights later on, pretty much last kick of the game.

I thought Anderson did quite well when he came on too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

How did Brazil not score in the second half.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Nery Castillo looks an incredible talent - scored a great goal last night too although how he didnt score with the last kick of the game ive no idea especially after doing all the hard work himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Right about Nery Castillo. He was giving fits to the US on Sunday, looks a great prospect for Mexico. And dardoz, wrong about Mexico not caring about Concacaf. Sanchez said his goal was to win the Gold Cup. Plus there is some awfully bad blood between them and the US. No handshakes after games etc. Great rivalry and the games between them are usually full of incidents.

The problem with Mexico is that they need to rid themselves of the old timers like Borgetti and Blanco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Dardoz banned for one week for breaking the golden rule in the soccer forum

No posting of any scores in the subject line. Such posts will be deleted as soon as they are seen. Remember some people still record matches to watch later. Also please user a spoiler tag to indicate the thread contains scores

And yes i am one of those who was going to watch the game later.

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement